• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Abuses Flight Crews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pinnacle, Compass, Comair, ASA, ect. All of us are treated as cost units not people....

Don't know about the ASA part. I wish we had some more flying but other than that, I don't have much to complain about in regards to the company.

This is just the begining of some of the things we deal with here at Republic Airlines. This is a warning to all. When and if this place ever starts hiring again, please think about your decision. I dont know many people here that are happy. There are other companies out there that would treat you much better for your hard work.

Classy. Very professional to post this on Flightinfo. If you are that miserable, leave RJET and let one of the furloughed pilots that would be grateful to work again take your place. In the meantime, we can all work together with our union to get a better contract and be a part of the solution, not another whiner.

There are many flight crew abuses going on at Republic. I dont think people realize that this place isn't much better than Mesa airlines when it comes to employee treatment.
Here are some of the unethical things that go on here:

3-5 hours sits during a trip. On a four day trip you could possibly have three of these. Sitting around the food court in PHL of CLT for up to five hours. Then we continue with our 14hr duty day.

Subpar hotels. Not all are bad, but most are. The company considers a gas station or a McDonalds next door quality food. Some of these hotels are in pretty bad shape or in bad parts of town.

The company refuses to follow the contract. This happens on a daily basis. The company says, "just do what we say and greive it".

We have many 3 or 4 day trips that start at 5am day 1, then finish at 11pm on the last day. So, the first 3 days of our trip we get up at 430am then the last day we don't start until later morning then fly until midnight. This of couse is after a 4 hour sit in PHL food court.
Obviously the company could care less about pilot rest, comfort, and safety.

Our crew room in PHL is a 5x8 bag room. This room has two roach infested chairs and is full of bags. The company calls this the "quite room" I guess this is were we are supposed to rest on our 5 hours sits?

Our CEO is continuously posting letters with his religious based propoganda. I am not talking about a reference or two about the Lord. These things look like they are written by the Pope. He has pushed his religious and political views on us many times. There needs to be some separation of religion and politics here at work. We have people from many different backgrounds.

This is just the begining of some of the things we deal with here at Republic Airlines. This is a warning to all. When and if this place ever starts hiring again, please think about your decision. I dont know many people here that are happy. There are other companies out there that would treat you much better for your hard work.
Your an Idiot!!!!!!!!!!!:puke: Mainline has the same sits as we do at RAH as well lots of other airlines. If you can't Handel the lifestyle then get the ************************* out and let someone who's on the street back on-line. Our contract needs tweeking but that will come in time. Every company has their 10% knuckleheads, I guess I now know what percentile you belong to.

The company refuses to follow the contract. This happens on a daily basis. The company says, "just do what we say and greive it".

Maybe the fact that the gal who used to answer the phones at the Local is now your Business Agent has something to do with that. I mean really, why wouldn't they abuse you?

Since nobody's said it...

Republic Sucks!!!!
....and Mesa, too.

Just kidding.

In reality, we all suck :)

Regional airlines abuse flight crews/employees?

NO WAI?1!??!?!?11/1?1?1?1/

Latest resources

Back