Republic Abuses Flight Crews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Commutair

Welcome to every day at CommutAir when I was there. When I was called regarding late departures because we needed to get something to eat, I was told there was plenty of time on the multi-hour sit for breakfast and lunch. (The sit started around 11am, 6+ hours into my duty day.)

Try the "food court" (ha) in Syracuse or Portland, ME, for 4 hours. And I had plenty of 16-hour duty days.

Sounds like pretty much every regional. Mine never even had food as a consideration. When a newhire dared to ask why we couldn't get breakfast included with more of our hotels, he was given a less-than-warm reception, by both management and his fellow pilots. Nice.

I'm jealous! :laugh: Ours in Boston was four chairs behind the gate podium, with a little Tensa-barrier around it that said "CommutAir Crew Area." Just before I left, we were upgraded to a windowless concrete 5x5 room with no heat and no chairs, though it did have a giant electrical transformer to keep it above freezing in there.

With very few exceptions, welcome to Regional world. Hope you get out quicker than I did.

Wow, I was just going to post this exact same thing about commutair. The only difference between when you were here and now is that it is way worse now. Many people, myself included, are only getting 8 days off a bid. They are bending every rule to make you fly longer and longer days. If you have a stand up that ends at 7AM that day is considered an "Off" day.

I have a hard time when I hear someone crying about how bad it is at republic.....the original posters should come fly for us

atleast rev b shares the weath or do you fly for another reason stop whinning and go back to work!!
Republic as a group isnt perfect but in these times atleast you have a Job. Heres an idea if you dont like the rules LEAVE!! Im sure there are a lot of crew members that would love to keep that seat warm in your place.

Just the truth here chief. I've been here long enough to see that goods and the bads...and for the record...I don't drink the cool aid....I just stress personal responsibility.

We find ourselves in situations of our own choosing.

Soooo how the koolaid tasting?

Seriously, why dump on this guy/gal for posting this? Does it make you feel better? Superior to the original poster?

We are airline pilots; no one is going to look out for us but ourselves.

Classy. Very professional to post this on Flightinfo. If you are that miserable, leave RJET and let one of the furloughed pilots that would be grateful to work again take your place. In the meantime, we can all work together with our union to get a better contract and be a part of the solution, not another whiner.

Why the hell would anyone leave their job right now because they're miserable? You only want kool-aid drinkers in your pilot group? That has got to be the number one BS cop-out response to rear its ugly, recurring head here on Flightinfo. Are you just that much in love with the Reverend since you got a 2-year upgrade on the 170?

The OP's post sounds like a grain of truth expanded with a healthy dose of exaggeration. My time at RAH included stays at Days Inns, Ramadas, Hiltons and Sheratons. I saw the nice joint crewroom in Philly's E gates, and walked past the nice COEX crewroom in CLE on my way to the broom closet. RAH definitely did NOT go out of its way to provide luxurious crew accomodations for the multiple 4-hour sits (LGA anyone??). If you want to fix it, fight for trip and duty rigs in this contract; if the mult-hour sits start costing the company serious money, you're going to see a lot less of them.

All of that having been said, being at JetBlue I have seen the following: 3-hour sits in PWM and AUS, rooms in Hiltons, Marriotts, Holiday Inns and Ramadas.... Some things never seem to change.

Um...wasn't republic one of the first alter ego's by schiitaqua to circumvent alpa and scope?

[Geico gecko voice] "A bottom feeder behaving like a bottom feeder...Brilliant!"

100-1/2

Latest resources

Back