Republic 145 FO or Jblu?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fixed It!!!

just to prove a point.....I went into wikipedia and added JetBlue to the majors list. Now it's in the Wikipedia....are you happy?

Major carrier

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
Major carrier is a designation given by the United States Department of Transportation to U.S.-based airlines that post more than $1 billion in revenue during a fiscal year.
Current major carriers include:
The term "major carrier" is also used by some to refer only to non-low-fare carriers (thus excluding Southwest and US Airways).
This airline-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, From the DOT website....

Major Airlines required to report to the DOT include:

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ATA Airlines (TZ)
AirTran Airways (FL)
Alaska Airlines Inc. (AS)
America West Airlines Inc. (HP)
American Airlines Inc. (AA)
American Eagle Airlines Inc. (MQ)
Atlantic Southeast Airlines (EV)
Comair Inc. (OH)
Continental Airlines Inc. (CO)
Delta Airlines Inc. (DL)
Expressjet Airlines Inc. (XE)
Frontier Airlines Inc. (F9)
JetBlue Airways (B6)
Mesa Airlines Inc. (YV)
Northwest Airlines Inc. (NW)
Skywest Airlines Inc. (OO)
Southwest Airlines Co. (WN)
US Airways Inc. (US)
United Airlines Inc. (UA)
Close[/FONT]

Last edited:
I like my job but we are not a "major". Basicaly we are an oversized regional flying bigger jets.

As for Republic or Jetblue it depends on your QOL. Most of the pay and benefits will be close so it boils down to whether you live in base or care to commute to JFK.

Go where you will get 1000 hours turbine PIC the quickest. Most of the guys saying "go to JB" all have 1000 plus turbine PIC and can jump ship if they need to. That box checked will protect you in the future when (not if) you find yourself looking for another airline job.

Not bitter, just trying to give some wise advice from someone who has been there.

Amen.

It will take you a long time to upgrade at JB with all the slowdowns. All A320 captains for the next 10+ years are already on the property. Haven't checked APC.com, but you might be able to make more as a CHQ captain than an E190 captain at JB. My guess is the benefits are better too.

GP

My God how times have changed.

As a RAH pilot myself, I can't say how things are at JB. Things at RAH are about to get messy and stay messy for quite sometime. Contract negotiations open in April, and this is going to be a knock-down, drag-out fight with the company. RAH management has taken advantage of every loophole, all vague terminology, and in some cases, flat-out violated the contract to get stuff done. The company's response? "Grieve it." So you grieve it, it goes to arbitration a year later, and you get a check for $50. What did the company lose? Nothing. They knowingly violated YOUR contract and paid no penalty for it.

RAH has seemingly stepped up its rash treatment of the pilot group as of late. Stupid idea. They've basically pissed off the entire workforce on the brink of negotiations. And they will end up paying dearly for it in the end.

If this thing doesn't end up in a strike within 2 years, I will be VERY surprised.

Other than that, not too bad here...

Amen.

It will take you a long time to upgrade at JB with all the slowdowns. All A320 captains for the next 10+ years are already on the property. Haven't checked APC.com, but you might be able to make more as a CHQ captain than an E190 captain at JB. My guess is the benefits are better too.

GP

What!!?? Two year upgrades on the 190 (Currently 16-18 months). Upgrades on the 320 are at 3.5 years. They may go to 5 years. 3rd year E190 CA pay is $75/hr and will go up. I don't think you can be making $75/hr at CHQ by year three. 145 CA pay is $74 year 9. 170 CA pay is $73 year 7. 190 CA pay is $74 year 4. First year pay at CHQ is $23/hr vs. JB $48 or $51 depending on aircraft. You would have to be an idiot to go to CHQ over JB.

You would have to be an idiot to go to CHQ over JB.

Maybe, but I wouldn't leave CHQ to go to JB.

Pay here isn't terrible. On 4-year pay on the smallest aircraft in our fleet, I made over $70,000 last year (wages only) bidding high lines and never picking up overtime. As a 175 captain, 5-year, $90K is not unreasonable. Even with the pending labor dispute, it's hard to argue the stability of this company. Remember, our contracts are structured so that we will NEVER lose money.

Idiot is kind of harsh, don't you think?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back