• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Relevance of 717 to Southwest continues to diminish

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OOOOhhh yeah. Right there. Mmmmmm!!!! That feels SO GOOD!!!!!

General Lee This message is hidden because General Lee is on your ignore list.

Sorry, roomie. Not a loyalist. Nor do I need an exit strategy.

Just astounded by the arrogance that comes from being the most over paid regional airline pilot in America.

Hey! Your pretty cocky and ignorant your self. Do you really work for ALK? Because if so I bet your routes are going to be threaten here pretty soon.

I haven't said much about you or to you, but you seem to display a sense of urgency to get up in everyones business.

Can you explain to me how a person from both sides (SWA/AT) can get to you so bad that you have to chime in. Why the F do you care? This be-atch is going to arbitration. We will then see from a academic point who's career is worth more.

I know you are just rooting for the underdog (AT). What will you call SWA after SOC, overpaid near and long haul international pilots.

What are you going to do when DELTA buys you. Your career expectations will be a 737 driver for life.

Dude just put the popcorn down, go to Vegas get a massage and take care of your self. No stress bro!

The Saudi md-90s were delivered with MD-11-like avionics because they wanted commonality with their MD-11s. I've been told that makes them significantly different from the 717. I don't have first hand knowledge.

Hey is this true DELTA?

There's a poster in the training center that shows the cockpit of the 88/90 being converted to to 717 layout. This would allow one pilot category for 717/88/90. It also then would allow for the 30+ Saudi 90's that are looking for a home.... Just saying!

I haven't been in an MD-11 in years, but I remember being told the 717 is based off the MD-11 flight deck. In fact I was told the first few AT 717 classes in training actually used an MD-11 CPT because the 717 CPT wasn't ready. I remember seeing pics of those Saudi MD-90s and they looked very similar to the 717.

Does anything else really need to be said about your ignorance and arrogance after making that statement?

Ignorance? See if you can follow some logical reasoning:

1. Your business model is based on point to point service to small/medium sized cities so as to avoid hub airports.
2. Your pay model is based on mileage, not hours.
3. Your scheduling model has you flying 4 to 6 short legs a day.
4. Your profits over the last decade were gleaned from fuel hedging, not airline operations (sort of a CPA deal).
5. Your 1,2,3 system appears to encourage excessive drinking on layovers.
6. You rush around airports on breaks trying to find fast food.
7. "Gays, grannies and grandes."

Add them up and you get? REGIONAL AIRLINE. Instead of flag ties, you should all be wearing spikey haircuts, ipods and backpacks.

But, thank you for scamming SWA into paying you the highest narrowbody pay rate in America. I'll admit that's the one thing you have contributed to all of us.

This guy is going to implode when he sees the eventual SLI list.

Yeah, there are going to be a bunch of cranial explosions in HOU, LAS, OAK, MDW and BWI. Not so much in ATL and MCO though.

Because if so I bet your routes are going to be threaten here pretty soon.

Actually, I agree with you on that.

Can you explain to me how a person from both sides (SWA/AT) can get to you so bad that you have to chime in. Why the F do you care?

I believe I've already answered that countless times. Your arrogance, threats and attempted intimidation of people who will soon be your peers while you attempt to steal their seniority demands counter commentary in defense of fairness.

What are you going to do when DELTA buys you. Your career expectations will be a 737 driver for life.

Actually, I'd anticipate the DAL guys trying to erect fences around their widebody seats. When DoH was dropped out of the ALPA merger/frag policy in favor of "career expectations" that was a given for any future merger of widebody/narrowbody carriers.

Frankly, if I got DoH with a widebody fence I'd be fine with it.

However, I have a feeling that scenario might be a long way down the road yet.

1. Your business model is based on point to point service to small/medium sized cities so as to avoid hub airports.
4. Your profits over the last decade were gleaned from fuel hedging, not airline operations (sort of a CPA deal).

Add them up and you get? REGIONAL AIRLINE. Instead of flag ties, you should all be wearing spikey haircuts, ipods and backpacks.

But, thank you for scamming SWA into paying you the highest narrowbody pay rate in America. I'll admit that's the one thing you have contributed to all of us.

Yeah, there are going to be a bunch of cranial explosions in HOU, LAS, OAK, MDW and BWI. Not so much in ATL and MCO though.

I believe I've already answered that countless times. Your arrogance, threats and attempted intimidation of people who will soon be your peers while you attempt to steal their seniority demands counter commentary in defense of fairness.

Actually, I'd anticipate the DAL guys trying to erect fences around their widebody seats. When DoH was dropped out of the ALPA merger/frag policy in favor of "career expectations" that was a given for any future merger of widebody/narrowbody carriers.

Well done, and FANTASTIC! IF something ever did happen with DL, I too would expect widebody fences, maybe everything from the 757 up. But, that would give you guys access to Detroit, and I know you'd be excited about that! And what's left of CVG and MEM. Fun stuff.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Sorry, roomie. Not a loyalist. Nor do I need an exit strategy.

Just astounded by the arrogance that comes from being the most over paid regional airline pilot in America.

If SWA is a regional, what that make your airline Alaska?

Ok fair enough. I never have threaten a AT pilot. Maybe busted each other ballz, but never threaten. The point to point is our biz model. Domestic carrier yes regional no. DAL+ALK are around the corner.

If SWA is a regional, what that make your airline Alaska?

OUCH! Well stated Sacha. I love the fact that people like General Lee and Fubag assume we just do short haul.

We have been evolving more and more into a long haul carrier and feed that operation with less short haul. It's not completely there yet, but progressing.

RF

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Be Vewwy Vewwwy Quiet.

Keep letting OAL's believed we are just some po-dunk regional. If we were a big airline we would have a bunch of regionals like Republic and Skywest doing the bulk of our crappy little point to point stuff.

SHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

Looking at SWA as a short haul carrier is way off the mark. They began moving away from that back in the mid 80s when the user fees were first tacked onto fares. Hard to be a regional when their system is coast to coast flies more pax than any other carrier and whose average leg is somewhere around 750 miles.

Latest resources

Back