Relevance of 717 to Southwest continues to diminish

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hello? Who is it?

On Your Six This message is hidden because On Your Six is on your ignore list.

Just heard a knock at the door but when I answered it, no one was there! Just a real foul smell of fish!! Oh well, you know what they say, "There's only two things in the world that smell like fish and one of them is fish!"

Uh, don't you mean to say the majority of your MEC? The pilots never got a chance to vote on it. Not saying that's a bad thing. Just trying to be accurate.

I'm not really sure what this has to do with values but I totally support your MEC voting it down. I am NOT one of the guys that is upset that YOUR MEC voted it down. Amazed? Yes! Stunned? Absolutely!!! Upset? No, I would say that I am giddy with joy. I'm almost as happy as a guy that was 59.999999 years old the day before the new rule took effect.

Time, and only time, will tell on that one. I am impressed. Good on you guys for "sticking to your values." I can't personally say if Gary Kelly feels you are being disrespectful by turning down HIS generous offer or if he feels "disrespected" because your MEC wouldn't grant him an extension. You guys are totally in the right to do so and I support your decision One Hundred and Ten percent. As I said before, Thank You Thank You THANK YOU!!!!

I'm sure he will give it the same amount of honor he gave to us when he told us all he wanted for Xmas was gates at MDW. Might have to do a little research to get the gist of that comment.

Each of the MEC voted based on the wishes of their constituents. They would have been lynched and then recalled if that were not the case. The MEC were bombarded with emails and phone calls. Records were taken to cover their backsides.

I don't naturally trust this process, but I actually believe it was the wish of the pilots. Whether you do, or not is not material to the outcome. That's what happened. Some are irritated, but the majority were represented. I'm a little shocked.

I'm sure that you are pleased. Although I've got a little feeling that it's got nothing to do with our welfare. I don't believe that SWAPA would have voted it down and neither do you. I also think that in a dark little part of your heart that you'd rather see us on the street, rather than see us get something that you didn't. Right ?

I'm familiar with MDW gates. I fly with ex ATA pilots all the time. One of the ATL MEC reps is one. :D

Toodle pip.

Hey is this true DELTA?

There's a poster in the training center that shows the cockpit of the 88/90 being converted to to 717 layout. This would allow one pilot category for 717/88/90. It also then would allow for the 30+ Saudi 90's that are looking for a home.... Just saying!

Hey is this true DELTA?

There's a poster in the training center that shows the cockpit of the 88/90 being converted to to 717 layout. This would allow one pilot category for 717/88/90. It also then would allow for the 30+ Saudi 90's that are looking for a home.... Just saying!

The Saudi md-90s were delivered with MD-11-like avionics because they wanted commonality with their MD-11s. I've been told that makes them significantly different from the 717. I don't have first hand knowledge.

I am ready, willing and able to extend the culture to you and your brethren once you take your rightful position at Soutwest as a REAL SOUTHWEST PILOT who starts at the bottom of the list as a new hire, makes it off probation and comes up through the ranks like your brethren that left the tranny before you and the 6000 others that are here now.

The arrogance of junior SWA f/os is truly breathtaking.

Rage

Each of the MEC voted based on the wishes of their constituents. They would have been lynched and then recalled if that were not the case. The MEC were bombarded with emails and phone calls. Records were taken to cover their backsides.
To be clear once again. The MEC voted. The membership did not. You have no clue how they would have voted. Hide behind "phone records" you and I will never see or hear all you want. Only a membership vote can back up the statement that you made that "the membership voted"

I don't naturally trust this process, but I actually believe it was the wish of the pilots. Whether you do, or not is not material to the outcome. That's what happened. Some are irritated, but the majority were represented. I'm a little shocked.
Please share your thoughts on not trusting the process and why you are shocked.

I'm sure that you are pleased.
Definitely.

Although I've got a little feeling that it's got nothing to do with our welfare.
Right on again. I am a dues paying member of SWAPA who represents the RSW pilots. You are managed by a large national organization that has not done a very good job of representing ALL its members in the past. (can you say commuter pilots) of which their poor tactics towards them quickly dwindled the ranks of the majors and FORCED ALPA to finally recognize and attend to the same pilots they had so little respect or defense for in the past. I guess all those crimes have been forgiven.

I don't believe that SWAPA would have voted it down and neither do you.
Not true. SWAPA did no polling on this one. I can tell you why. It would have been a stunning defeat with the membership. They were gearing up for road shows to do the hard sell. That wouldn't have passed the muster either. (IMHO-just like you)

I also think that in a dark little part of your heart that you'd rather see us on the street, rather than see us get something that you didn't. Right ?
Inaccurate callous statement with a glimmer of reality in it.

First off. I have no desire to see any pilots lose their jobs. However, my allegiance and number one priority is and always will be to the brothers and sisters in my union (SWAPA).

I am hardcore union from a previous life. Nothing to do with aviation. We had battles with other unions all the time over who had the right to the work on the jobs we were on. The ones we opposed made the same cries you are making now. If it's our work it's our work. Try to take it from me and you're in for a fight.

Second, as far as you getting something I don't has nothing to do with it. You were going to be handily rewarded for this acquisition. That wasn't enough. As Steve Chase so eloquently pointed out: [FONT=Palatino Linotype, Palatino, Helvetica]AirTran decided that $2 million extra in career earnings per pilot and a job with the best airline in aviation wasn’t enough for them. They want your seniority too. That’s not something SWAPA is willing to give them.

[/FONT]
I'm familiar with MDW gates. I fly with ex ATA pilots all the time. One of the ATL MEC reps is one.
"All I want for Xmas is gates at MDW" has nothing to do with an ATA pilot. It has everything to do with Mr. Kelly's "WORD". You will soon find out that what you consider to be "His word" and what he considers it to be can mean two very different things.

Fubar

The arrogance of junior SWA f/os is truly breathtaking.
And the ignorance of Flight Info Airtran loyalists knows no bounds. Captain here but then again you haven't been paying very close attention and do seem to have some pretty poor comprehension skills. Case in point. When a train blows its whistle and you're on the tracks it's usually a good time to have an exit strategy.

Sorry, roomie. Not a loyalist. Nor do I need an exit strategy.

Just astounded by the arrogance that comes from being the most over paid regional airline pilot in America.

And there you have it.

Sorry, roomie. Not a loyalist. Nor do I need an exit strategy.

Just astounded by the arrogance that comes from being the most over paid regional airline pilot in America.

Does anything else really need to be said about your ignorance and arrogance after making that statement?

I liked you better when you were Kharma Police. But, I was still close to putting you on my ignore list. Because, well, you've become irrelevant!.

And the ignorance of Flight Info Airtran loyalists knows no bounds. Captain here but then again you haven't been paying very close attention and do seem to have some pretty poor comprehension skills. Case in point. When a train blows its whistle and you're on the tracks it's usually a good time to have an exit strategy.

This guy is going to implode when he sees the eventual SLI list.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back