Relevance of 717 to Southwest continues to diminish

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lulz. Tranny's are still bitching about the color of the checkers

This is why the SLI is important. In this business, seniority is everything. When planes go away, so may junior FOs, and this list could determine who may or may not stay. Maybe this is why many Corndogs are nervous? Godspeed!

OYS

This is why the SLI is important. In this business, seniority is everything. When planes go away, so may junior FOs, and this list could determine who may or may not stay. Maybe this is why many Corndogs are nervous? Godspeed!

OYS

Side letter 8. No furloughs from southwest side.

Oys, I heard that the 717 is coming your way. Will the ALPA frag policy work for you. If so will you accept all those going AT going in front of you? Good question to ask your self.

Oys, I heard that the 717 is coming your way. Will the ALPA frag policy work for you. If so will you accept all those going AT going in front of you? Good question to ask your self.

That's fine if it is true. I don't know how it will work if it happens (I haven't heard anything like that), but if it does, I hope it goes to arbitration. With huge retirements coming and DC9s going away, I think it would be a good thing. We are supposed to have 2000 people leave in the next 5 years to age 65, so no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Godspeed!

OYS

The award would be binding, BTW.

do folks not know how arbitration works? or just chose not to listen???
yes, the award is binding, however...gary could chose to never implement it. we have no idea what he would/won't do, just because it's binding doesn't mean you're free and clear...yet.

Then no parking of planes? Seniority is important, and if your guys are mixed in at the bottom, what would GK do if he needed to sell or park them? The award would be binding, BTW.

OYS

The parking of planes would be done before any integration.

Latest resources

Back