Rejected by AirNet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wheelsup said:
My #1 rule for phone/personal interviews is always tell THEM what they want to hear. Even if it's lying through my teeth, I don't like to close any doors before they are open. I learned that lesson the hard way. After figuring that out, I've gotten every job I wanted (your mileage may vary).

~wheelsup

BE CAREFUL

Some recruiters can tell when your BSing them!!!
That policy dosen't always work

321 pilot

jdlilfan said:
Well I've still got prolly a year before I will/can apply to Airnet. Im guess I am in the "research" stage of looking for employment. Airnet looks like an awesome company to work for even though a lot of my coworkers (cfi's) seem to think otherwise ( shiney jet syndrome). I guess what got me interested in Airnet was USC321...the last guy who flew that route. The lear would be a neat plane to fly even though old school lears suck to fuel (by yourself, quickturn, in the cold, then GPU start). I sat in one of ameristars lear 23's. It was like cramming into a tall c152.

Im browsing other cargo companies too. Priority Air flies in a lot lately picking up auto parts and they seem like they have nice equipment. My last 2 flight instructors went to ACC. Martinaire seems like a nice place to work for. I thought about Airnow down the road but yeah..... Like I said, I got a year or so before applying for anything. I gotta get this CFI knocked out and pick up some students since we are about to lose some CFI's to shiney jets.

I used to fly that route summer of '04. Were you at KHUF?

While it is true that the Van may appear to be nothing more than a lame single fixed-gear, it does have a very redeeming quality for the logbook. That being the turbine PIC time you'll be racking up in it. Plus, for purposes of upgrading to the lears, Van time is just as good as twin time.

As for your phone interview questions, I don't really see any glaring red flags from what you mentioned there. Then again, I'm no recruiter. I just sit in a cubicle 10 feet away from the recruiter and listen to his rattle off those questions over and over and over and over and over...

sorry, brain is a little tired at the moment. :)

ahhhh....the infamous "Turbine PIC".....yes, that it is, and that's all it is. Unfortunately moving on, places do not really care too much about the single turbines...yeah yeah, you might say i am wrong, and i myself used to think that it was good too, but in all reality, it is good at Airnet, or maybe some other smaller airlines, but it will not work for the larger airlines people want to go to after Airnet. OK, so i know i will take A LOT of heat for this one, but just remember, i too used to think that ANY turbine time was good....then i saw the light, also known as the airline recruiters and their idea of Turbine time.

OMG!! I cant believe it, I am actually agreeing with starchkr. The planets must be aligned.
Here is what the interviewer will say:" Hey thats great you have 1000HRS PIC turbine. I would like to offer you a.... oh never mind its in a caravan."
Piston twin time is more valuable than single engine turbine. Having said that it will not hurt you if you stay with the company, but it will not help you elsewhere.
WDR11

:eek: HOLY CRAP!!!!! There's a first time for anything...and well, this is a first ;) :laugh:

I kinda put that whole "I know i will take A LOT of heat for this" statement in there just for you USC...I really do not know what to say, i am too shocked right now. :D

Latest resources

Back