• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rejected by AirNet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well I've still got prolly a year before I will/can apply to Airnet. Im guess I am in the "research" stage of looking for employment. Airnet looks like an awesome company to work for even though a lot of my coworkers (cfi's) seem to think otherwise ( shiney jet syndrome). I guess what got me interested in Airnet was USC321...the last guy who flew that route. The lear would be a neat plane to fly even though old school lears suck to fuel (by yourself, quickturn, in the cold, then GPU start). I sat in one of ameristars lear 23's. It was like cramming into a tall c152.

Im browsing other cargo companies too. Priority Air flies in a lot lately picking up auto parts and they seem like they have nice equipment. My last 2 flight instructors went to ACC. Martinaire seems like a nice place to work for. I thought about Airnow down the road but yeah..... Like I said, I got a year or so before applying for anything. I gotta get this CFI knocked out and pick up some students since we are about to lose some CFI's to shiney jets.

Misleading....not quite, because we do have west coast stuff...props no, but anyone "most likely" will only have to spend a limited amount of time in the props before moving on like you said. I still say that knowledge is power, and by saying that everything is east of the MS river there was a lack of knowledge. Now maybe it was also on the interviewers part by saying that there was nothing out west, but if so then they need new interviewers who themselves are knowledgeable of the company. Telling someone that they "gave up" everything out west to concentrate on the east coast is just ludacris, and has absolutely no truth to it. Oh well, i guess i shouldn't get all worked up over it anymore, I definately do not want to be like Purvis.

I guess i'll just sit here and program my flying computer...:D :laugh:

starchkr said:
Misleading....not quite, because we do have west coast stuff...props no, but anyone "most likely" will only have to spend a limited amount of time in the props before moving on like you said. I still say that knowledge is power, and by saying that everything is east of the MS river there was a lack of knowledge. Now maybe it was also on the interviewers part by saying that there was nothing out west, but if so then they need new interviewers who themselves are knowledgeable of the company. Telling someone that they "gave up" everything out west to concentrate on the east coast is just ludacris, and has absolutely no truth to it. Oh well, i guess i shouldn't get all worked up over it anymore, I definately do not want to be like Purvis.

I guess i'll just sit here and program my flying computer...:D :laugh:
Yes there is west coast stuff, perhaps 10% of the runs/aircraft. Not enough to get excited over, expecially since they are all jets, and wont even be attainable for 8-12 months.
If the company did not "give up" out west, then what would you call it? Reno is gone, Burbank is not what it used to be. I think that the recruters should be honest with applicants. The last thing they should be doing is giving people false hope.
As far as being worried about being like Purvis dont worry, so long as you have lost your virginity you will always be one step ahead of him. Not the first time I have made this point, but its not the first time that someone else has been concerned.
WDR11
PS If knowledge is power then you have a long way to go. J/K could not help it, you walked into that one.

I'll agree i have a long way to go...;)

Trying to figure out all the Airbus acronyms is really starting to fry my little brain...yeah, i said little. Why they cant use easy words or phrases to explain something is driving me nuts...like how the FWC's give the ECAM messages about the Flux Capacitor and how if we can figure out how to introduce stolen plutonium into the engines we can actually turn back time and get people to their destinations before they actually left their departure cities. Hmmmmm....I think i bumped my head tonight and woke up having this dream....(ok, so again, some of you got that, others just think on it for awhile).:laugh:

You are right though, only a limited amount of flying out west...however...there is flying out there, and this knowledge should be considered before making statements, either by an interviewee or an interviewer. Peace out...and that superbowl sucked this year...not too much excitement, and the half time show just wreaked of boredom.

uscpilot said:
Carvans make up about 15% of the fleet. Almost all the aircraft that will be purchased will be Vans. WDR11

I didn't know that Airnet was taking delivery of ANY airplanes?

flyin4pennies said:
I didn't know that Airnet was taking delivery of ANY airplanes?
Sorry for my lack of clarity. Currently they are not (as far as I know, I am a bit out of the loop flying passanger). This was their long term goal, they did not want to buy any more piston aircraft. The plan was to replace all but the Barons (and Lears of course) with the mutant 172's. The 310's were supposed to be gone along time ago, however they are still terrorizing the skys around BHM and neighboring areas. The only ones they were able to get rid of the Deathstars.
WDR11

jdlilfan said:
Well I've still got prolly a year before I will/can apply to Airnet. Im guess I am in the "research" stage of looking for employment. Airnet looks like an awesome company to work for even though a lot of my coworkers (cfi's) seem to think otherwise ( shiney jet syndrome). I guess what got me interested in Airnet was USC321...the last guy who flew that route. The lear would be a neat plane to fly even though old school lears suck to fuel (by yourself, quickturn, in the cold, then GPU start). I sat in one of ameristars lear 23's. It was like cramming into a tall c152.

Im browsing other cargo companies too. Priority Air flies in a lot lately picking up auto parts and they seem like they have nice equipment. My last 2 flight instructors went to ACC. Martinaire seems like a nice place to work for. I thought about Airnow down the road but yeah..... Like I said, I got a year or so before applying for anything. I gotta get this CFI knocked out and pick up some students since we are about to lose some CFI's to shiney jets.

Are you from THAC?

RefugePilot said:
When the interviewer mentioned they have caravans, and asked how I would feel about flying a Caravan. I told them I really was only interested in flying with them, if I could get some multi PIC, but not in those words.

I need to figure out what to say before Ameriflight calls and I blow it again.

My #1 rule for phone/personal interviews is always tell THEM what they want to hear. Even if it's lying through my teeth, I don't like to close any doors before they are open. I learned that lesson the hard way. After figuring that out, I've gotten every job I wanted (your mileage may vary).

I *think* AMF has taken their Lances out of service, but what if they haven't and you give them the same answer you have Airnet? Now you've just blown your chance with another company, even if the "transition" to a twin would happen almost instantly after training.

There are times when you need to be honest in an interview (like Q's about driving record, criminal history, etc.) and other times when embellishing a little never hurt. That way, THEY don't make the choice for you - you can say yes or no thanks.

~wheelsup

Tell them what they want to hear

Thanks Wheels up,
Thats exactly what I am thinking. Tell them what they want to hear, then you can choose not to accept if you find out the details and dont like them. The more offers you have...

I have had someone PM me with a response to my answers and I feel I am saying the right things. Even though Airnet has some things west of the mississippi, most of the opportunities are east. I have spent the last 5 years living in place I did not want to be. I know my domicile and promotion opportunities are based on the company I work for. So I feel it would be stupid to choose a company that is based 2000 miles from where I would like to be.

wheelsup said:
My #1 rule for phone/personal interviews is always tell THEM what they want to hear. Even if it's lying through my teeth, I don't like to close any doors before they are open. I learned that lesson the hard way. After figuring that out, I've gotten every job I wanted (your mileage may vary).

I *think* AMF has taken their Lances out of service, but what if they haven't and you give them the same answer you have Airnet? Now you've just blown your chance with another company, even if the "transition" to a twin would happen almost instantly after training.

There are times when you need to be honest in an interview (like Q's about driving record, criminal history, etc.) and other times when embellishing a little never hurt. That way, THEY don't make the choice for you - you can say yes or no thanks.

~wheelsup

Latest resources

Back