Rejected by AirNet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thats what I thought

What you guys said is what I have been led to believe. The only thing that counts is multi-engine PIC. After that the only thing that counts is turbine PIC, then time in type and type rating. This is what employers are looking for when hiring, or insurance companys look for when insuring.

For career purposes flying a Van or being SIC is good as a way to move up in a certain company, but does very little for your resume when applying elsewhere. This is why I want to start building ME PIC ASAP.

Well, here is another thing to think about...if you go to a place like Airnet and get a run with only a van on it, that van time counts towards the time needed to go to the lears just as much as the multi time would. After you get into the lear, you start building your multi turbine time(THE REAL important time)....while at first it would be SIC (but still good) it would turn into multi turbine pic a little while later. When i left, upgrade to lear was running 8-12 months from date of hire, and upgrade to lear pic was going probably another 18 months past that. So, a short 2 1/2 years into your flying career you could be building those turbine pic hours that count...not too bad, considering the upgrade times at some of the other places (regionals) are running much higher in these last few months.

So it really all depends on the person, if you wish to stay only for a short time (your one year contract) then a van will not do you any good, but if you plan on staying awhile until you can move onto a nice place (not regionals...sorry, can you tell i never wanted to do the regional thing?) then a van will do you just as much good as any of the twins.

Latest resources

Back