• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regions Air????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow! Could this be the end? I never thought it could actually happen. Looks like I might have to eat my words. I hate to see all these pilots on the street.

Last edited:
WOW I just heard... Got a call saying that all of the Jetstreams and all of the SAAB's are in the Smyrna hangar.

Yeah, if you check out flightaware, you can see all the Saabs and J32s went back to MQY. Anyword as to why they are being "grounded" ?

I believe it was some kind of issue with pilot records.

Not that I doubt you...you'd know more than I do about it. But why do they need to pull all the planes back to MQY for that?

Just heard that all check-airmen need to be re-qualified and in the meantime operations are suspended. Supposedly, all pilots, mx and dispatch personnel will keep receiving their paychecks.

If it makes anyone feel better, about 6 years ago there was a similar situation but much smaller scale. A simulator instructor was deemed unqualified by the FAA all of a sudden (Medial issue) and some 1/3 of the pilots had to retake their PCs. Of course numerous flights were canceled then too but ultimately Corpex survived; let’s hope same will happen now.

In the meantime though - hit the books! If all check-airmen need to re-qualify it means many if not most PCs will have to be retaken again. I remember 6 years ago when 4 months after my PC I was told to fly to STL to have another PC later that day; could happen again.

Good luck everyone, Regions can recover from this!

Yeah, the repo thing is confusing but maybe they are using the part 91 excuse again?

Also, if Corpex does fold, which for the sake of the employees we all pray won’t happen, make sure your DO, Chief Pilot, etc. sends a letter to their counterparts at as many airlines as y’all can think of asking for a “Chapter 11” interview for your pilots, dispathers, etc. Many airlines will offer interviews for employees of grounded airlines (Midway Airlines, Independence, etc).

Last edited:
Uh-oh...I was there back when something simular happened. Now, if the pilots weren't legal, how could they repo the AC? Some kind of 121 paperwork glitch...Holy fracking excrement! I had multiple messages on my phone when I got in country...

I never figured it would be for paperwork that the place would cease operations-the last time they had some ckairmen that were legal and the sims were done in a hurry but if all of them have to requal that is going to take much longer. It was done in about three days last time and only about 60% of the crewmembers were affected.

My bet is that the mystery investors are really impressed now! Av8or, I hope to God you are right about the requals and the pay!

Guys and gals, my thoughts and prayers for your upcoming interviews! Good Luck! Go forth and prosper! There is no time like the present. If any of y'all have outstanding job offers but have held off because of the training contract check with a lawer, I bet this will void it if you are quick and clever!

Last edited:
Guys and gals, my thoughts and prayers for your upcoming interviews! Good Luck! Go forth and prosper! There is no time like the present. If any of y'all have outstanding job offers but have held off because of the training contract check with a lawer, I bet this will void it if you are quick and clever!

And the market is booming for pilot hiring right now, which is much different than when alot of us were there.

Once opon a time there were some really sharp people doing some of the jobs like records...but that was Corporate Airlines and some the planes still had "CE" on the tail and there was a RDU base, ya know?

Some of those folks were the first to be disappeared after you know when...guess that they were too expensive.

Well, ya gets what ya pay for!

It just occured to me that the "paychecks will keep coming" line is sort of an echo of past statements...it was wrong back then and the company was in far better shape than now. I hope that this time they live up to it!

Last edited:
They still have CE on the tail.. :D

Latest resources

Back