• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regions Air????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree that the above post in NOT in fact correct or true. Having heard both sides of the story, I think it could be due to a misconstrued communication. It can be very hard to tell the tone a writer is using in an e-mail. What is thoughtful and reasonable to the writer can be read as mean and threatening to the reader.

Sounds like someone who did not actually see the text of the email. A threat is a threat. You can "interpret" it however you want, but you would be wrong. The new CP has again shown his maturity.

And knowing the writer of the email, I can also assume you didn't really mean to say "thoughtful and reasonable". :puke:

In fact, the email in question was read to me. Your answer sounds like you are calling me a liar. Go fly fast somewhere else. If you actually can get a plane in the air without 15 phone calls to dispatch.

In fact, the email in question was read to me. Your answer sounds like you are calling me a liar. Go fly fast somewhere else. If you actually can get a plane in the air without 15 phone calls to dispatch.

I'm not calling you a liar. But, you just typed that you didn't read it; it was read to you. Put yourself in the place of the recipient and then READ it to yourself. It was a threat, and one that could have Federal implications if carried out. I believe fraudulant doctoring of records could lead to some severe penalties, last time I checked.

Oh, PS, I'll fly wherever I want, and I haven't talked to dispatch in years. I prefer reliable information. :rolleyes:

I'll never forget the time I got the call on company freq..."are you guys okay?" "Uh, yeah, why?" "Cause you just flew a thunderstorm" "No we didn't"...nothing like overlaying 15 to 30 minute old wx on the flighttracking display. Like Jurassic Park "they spared no expense". Bovine excrement!

I don't know for sure what email you guys are talking about but if someone sent me something that said and I quote...

"As of right now your file still says eligible for rehire"

I would take it as a threat. The implication is that if you pursue getting paid what is owed to you you will find yourself ineligible for rehire-yep, it's a threat.

I leave it to you to decide if this is a new low for Regions Air...

Last edited:
It seems that with each day passing...the pilot list grows shorter. It also seems that with each day passing, the chances of this "airline" recovering grow slimmer and slimmer.

Sadly, I have heard of antics such as this going on at other small "airlines"
Mind you, I am not judging any parties involved, but it just isn't cool no matter which side of the fence you're on.

To all the timebuilders, it ain't worth it guys...go to a halfway respectable place. Better pay...better equipment...better FUTURE

So, is there any truth to the rumor that BAE sent a big'ole truck out the MQY and "collected" some of their property??

Speak up, somebody knows something.

The "collected" some property idea amuses me. I spent some time at Lakes where they referred to the concept of "right sizing" the fleet and "returning" airframes in a mutual deal with Raytheon. Then we read the SEC filings which reference reposession of airframes and powerplants and found out the true story.

But even with 20/20 hindsight I don't think I would have done it any different. If the hoebag (watchout CBS) regional you want to work for has a base in a place you want to live or quick upgrades and you think you're game. Then give it a shot. All of the regionals are a fricken crapshoot. Upgrade time doesn't matter until you're on the property and in class. No regional is free from mainline whipsaw. Hope for the best. But I'll have more to talk about with my grandkids than the various series of CRJ 200/700/900/1000/5000G than I would if I jumped ship early on and went to any number of other RJ companies who could have subsequently furloughed me.

As much as I love to dream of the destination. The journey overall is what keeps me in this, and when I hear my current coworkers gripe when they have to think about RMI's, DME arcs, & NDB circle to land approaches, I silently reminisce.

1000 TPIC in the pocket is Linus' security blanket.

For those that got the shaft before Linus, you have many friends now who will help as much as we can.

I don't know for sure what email you guys are talking about but if someone sent me something that said and I quote...

"As of right now your file still says eligible for rehire"

I would take it as a threat. The implication is that if you pursue getting paid what is owed to you you will find yourself ineligible for rehire-yep, it's a threat.

Eligible for rehire is at the discretion of the company, not an accusation of wrongdoing. If you, as an employee, tell off your boss, or just make him mad, they can decide that you are no longer welcome at that company, or that you will be "ineligible for rehire". That more people are not listed that way after breaking training contracts, poor attendance records, or other things is beyond me. It sounds more like a statement of fact that if some action is taken by an employee, he or she will no longer be hired back by that same company. Sheesh. As it was explained to me, there was nothing about what was owed, just that when notice was given that person's services were no longer needed (i.e., since you are leaving, we won't pay you to sit at your house and do nothing anymore). Sure, it's not nice, but two weeks notice is not a legal requirement in TN, which is an at-will state. I'm not defending the company as much as I was trying to say the CP may have been misread as to his tone. Just like I read some of you as whining babies sometimes (it's SO bumpy out here.... can you tell me that there DEFINITELY won't be any cells embedded in this cloud deck for the ENTIRE time of my flight?) All I am saying is, give the CP a chance. He's a lot smarter than he's let on in the crew room.............................

I pooted..

Latest resources

Back