Regions Air stealing XJT flying!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
007 said:
but it would be interesting to ask said guy, if he exists, how regions air is planning on ramping up a jet training, proving run, etc program in such short time.
Why not? They didn't get their first Saab until a week before it was supposed to fly revenue. ;)

BoilerUP said:
Mr. shinydiscoballs, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Stop looking at me swaaaan.

This is great publicity for Regions though. That's right folks, tell your friends and your family when they think flying, think Regions!!! The climb to the top has started and nothing will stop this Juggernaut known as RegionsAir!!!:rolleyes:

Speaking of Jumpseating, what's going on with CASS? Is membership going to be required in the future to jumpseat in the cabin as well?

Berkut said:
Why not? They didn't get their first Saab until a week before it was supposed to fly revenue. ;)

LOL,

why do I believe that??

Commutair has been flying to destinations that we used to fly to on our turbo-props. If anything maybe a commutiar guy might feel this way

And ExressJet is flying to destinations on their RJs that mainline used to fly to.

Give the poor guys a break..."glothing" - hehe, MKK is that you?

shinydiscoballs said:
i was recently at cle and one regions air captain was glothing that XJT was going to furlough and that regions air was going to get most of their flying.
well if that is the case than cal will really get a kick of the 13% completion rate that regions air has to offer. regions air pilots are bringing the industry down with the wages and work rules they are working for so for all you XJT pilots do not let them jumpseat on you.

Regions has had one foot on a banana peel and one foot in the grave since they started operations. In spite of the pathetic, substandard pay the pilot group was coerced into accepting the saabs are first good thing that has happened there in quite a while...sort of-if you ingnore the fact that management is screwing them out of about twelve bucks an hour every time the blocks get pulled- so let them "glothe" a little. One half of their current FO's will be at XJT, CHQ or somewhere else in 6 months and a year from then will be making more than the jetstream CA's. One more year and those that have left will be making as much or more than the saab CA's...it's a very, very sad situation for those that have stayed. Were in not for those that felt they needed the PIC time the company would have failed for lack of Captains a year ago and the people responsible for that pay scale should be ashamed to be seen in public.

I have heard that one member of management that has stood up for the pilots may be leaving for greener pastures. Congrats to you sir!

That being said they have a union that is lethargic at best, has no contract and almost no dues paying members. The pilot group needs to ante up, pay their dues and get the ball rolling. But it's tough to do for people that don't even plan on staying there for a year and upgrading because it's just not worth it financially to upgrade.

Anyone that views regions air as a threat to their job needs to seek professional mental health care without delay. Unless of course you work for them...in which case you need free financial counseling!

As for the delays and completions...hehehe...a wise old DC-3 Captain said it best "If you have time to spare, go by air".

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back