Regions Air stealing XJT flying!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shinydiscoballs

i was recently at cle and one regions air captain was glothing that XJT was going to furlough and that regions air was going to get most of their flying.
well if that is the case than cal will really get a kick of the 13% completion rate that regions air has to offer. regions air pilots are bringing the industry down with the wages and work rules they are working for so for all you XJT pilots do not let them jumpseat on you.

Wow.. you caught us.. We are using the Saab to replace RJ's..

Really man.. Polish your balls.. They are losing their shiny..

shinydiscoballs said:
i was recently at cle and one regions air captain was glothing that XJT was going to furlough and that regions air was going to get most of their flying.
well if that is the case than cal will really get a kick of the 13% completion rate that regions air has to offer. regions air pilots are bringing the industry down with the wages and work rules they are working for so for all you XJT pilots do not let them jumpseat on you.

Mr. shinydiscoballs, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I am a CLE guy and I can say that no one I know of has ever said anything like that. And another thing....Commutair has been flying to destinations that we used to fly to on our turbo-props. If anything maybe a commutiar guy might feel this way, but morgantown WV, and Parkersburg etc. are cites that have never been served by CAL before by any of its affiliates. So they are hardly taking over flying from anyone.

FLAMEBAIT.

Paul R. Smith said:
I am a CLE guy and I can say that no one I know of has ever said anything like that. And another thing....Commutair has been flying to destinations that we used to fly to on our turbo-props. If anything maybe a commutiar guy might feel this way...
But we don't. This is Continental's flying that's being doled out. It's not ExpressJet's. CO's name and logo are on the tickets, and they dictate who goes where. We didn't "steal" the shorter CLE city pairs, any more than you guys "stole" IAH-YYZ or EWR-OMA from Continental. Some routes make more sense in a turboprop than an RJ, and some make more sense in an RJ than a 737.

It was, and is, Continental's call who it wants to operate a flight, as I'm sure you well know.

Besides, RegionsAir has added passengers to the CLE system by bringing new cities into the mix that weren't previously served, as you point out. That translates into more business for all of us.

Last edited:
Are the RegionsAir planes fixed now? Or are you still canceling every other flight. I understand that in the beginning there were numerous maintenance issues.

ContractFlyer said:
Are the RegionsAir planes fixed now? Or are you still canceling every other flight. I understand that in the beginning there were numerous maintenance issues.

If you ask me, and most people do, the airplanes are in much better shape now than they were when we first got them. They were sitting for a while, so bugs will continue to pop up for the next few months, but nothing (knock on wood) as bad as when they were first brought on line. As CA 1900 stated, this is Continental's flying so ShinyDiscoBalls post is a mute point and an asinine one at that.

Regions Guys are bringing down the industry with thier pay scale and work rules. Grow a pair guys and say NO MORE. CALL the cheif pilot and DO and tell them this is BS. They know it is and are getting paid big bucks for treating you guys like slaves.

FLAMEBAIT,

but it would be interesting to ask said guy, if he exists, how regions air is planning on ramping up a jet training, proving run, etc program in such short time.

Latest resources

Back