Regional Upgrade Time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PilotOnTheRise

This has probably been asked many times, but I didn't find any real answers in my search. What is upgrade time currently running with the regionals? 3-4yrs? I realize it is not the same for all, but the majority, or on average....?

Just curious.

Doesn't matter...because what it is now isn't going to be anything close to what it will be when you upgrade. Its constantly changing. Its like using this week's sports section to find out next week's scores.

Last edited:
LOL, thanks. I see what your saying. Im not even on as a FO yet, that will be still a couple of years away, much less looking to when I will be captain. It is more of a curious question than anything else.

-Chris

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Don't go to someplace based on quick upgrade. It won't be there when you get there. Go some where that you can have good QOL. That's the most important thing in this job.

1.5 to RJ ca in Ord, and 1 yr ish for EMB ca in FAT.

SkyWest

Mookie

Mookie said:
1.5 to RJ ca in Ord, and 1 yr ish for EMB ca in FAT.

SkyWest

Mookie

However true that may be, it's still an odoriferous practice for Skywest to not pay newhires during training (2+ months) and force them to pay for initial Jepps and uniforms...

Rant over...

We now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

HMM

i would tell ya..............but then I'd have ta kill ya.......................................Oh Yea, and plus you're a Saints fan, LOL.

Latest resources

Back