• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"our pilots carry less than 20 dollars"

favorite sticker on my bag

(and true)

this may not be original (i've never seen it...), but a pilot at our base has a stitched luggage strip on his handle (usually says crew or LAX etc.) that reads - NOT YOUR BAG.

thought that was clever.

"our pilots carry less than 20 dollars"

favorite sticker on my bag

(and true)
That's funny! Mach 1 at 200' looking for a carrier, with a bad nav system makes ya sweat too, cheers! But not as much as being Hillary's pilot-she is Satan, I know! Merry Christmas!

I have some sweet Cessna stickers on my lunch box, as well as a sticker for the F-14 I flew on Flight Simulator. It was so sweet. I did like knife edge passes and stuff all over the place. Everyone tells me that if I can flight the Flight Sim F-14 it is just like the real thing.

Ok. I'll share my opinion on the matter.

When I was furloughed from US Airways and working for Comair I had a "Boeing 737" sticker and a "DC9 Flight Crew" sticker on my flight kit.

When doing airplane swaps I would sometimes see another crewmember with a 737, 747, 777, etc... sticker on their bag.

Whenever I saw that I would ask them, "So who did you fly the 737 for?". Wondering if, perhaps, they too were furloughed from US Airways or another carrier. It was nice to chat with a kindred spirit, even if just for a few minutes.

9 times out of 10 though, they never flew the airplane whose sticker adorned their bag. I admit that I kind of felt like that made them a "poser" (to use the kid's lingo). I felt like having the sticker implied that you had passed initial on that equipment.

Now, that being said, at the entrance to the trailer park (read: crew room) in CVG was a sign that said, "Through these doors pass the world's finest airline pilots". Clearly the world's finest airline pilots probably DON'T pass through those doors (although admittedly a handful of them are very talented...) So there is a culture of misrepresentation designed to boost one's ego.

RJ pilots need all the ego boost they can get, because they sure as heck dont get it from their paychecks. So, as Barney says, "SUIT UP!" or, in this case, "STICKER UP!" kids!

When I was furloughed from US Airways ...

Thats what I was going to add to this. I use to have FO's show up with 747,757,767 stickers on their flight kits. It kinda annoyed me until we got to talking and I realized they were furloughed from some legacy and had actually flown all those airplanes.

Latest resources

Back