Regional Pilots with "B-747" stickers on their flight bags

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WHO F'ing CARES

Guys, do you really take time out of your day to see what sticker some guy has on his bag? Other than to determine if it is your bag in the crew lounge, who cares if it says SR-71, concord, 747, or skywawk? Notice to all you knob pilots. I know you all take such enormous pride in your aircraft but nobody else cares. I would be willing to bet, even those of you who got married, your wives would be happy if you never mentioned it again. so, who really cares if someone has a sticker about some plane he may or may not have flown... go get a coffee or something

Last edited:
My sticker says, "Crap! The left intake heat failed again."

MM

My roommate in the crash pad here in DTW is an FO on the RJ and he was an FE on the 747-200/300 until getting furoughed from a cargo company. He has a 747 sticker on his bag. Just like others have said you cant pass judgement on these guys because you dont know there backrounds...

I didn't pass judgement on anyone... I just asked them, "Where did you fly the _____?"

If they never flew it, I just found it a little poser-ish that they would put a sticker on their bag.

Best sticker I ever saw, by the way, was on the bag of an F/O who looked like he was about 12 years old.

It said, "Don't tell my Mom. She thinks i'm at the movies!"

I didn't pass judgement on anyone... I just asked them, "Where did you fly the _____?"

If they never flew it, I just found it a little poser-ish that they would put a sticker on their bag.

Best sticker I ever saw, by the way, was on the bag of an F/O who looked like he was about 12 years old.

It said, "Don't tell my Mom. She thinks i'm at the movies!"

You are right though pretty poser-ish.. if they havnt flown the thing before... I do agree with that.

2 part... great sticker..

on the subject of building one's ego's, i once knew a guy, a piedmont lineman at the time, who was trying to build time. i told him he could ride with me in a baron i was flying and fly the empty legs. he showed up to fly and he had a full uniform and 4 bars on. i said what's up with that? he said flight safety in vero let us wear these.

don't flight schools issue two bars to CFIs?

i could tell he had an identity crisis. stickers are a form of expression.what about those who have everything but the kitchen sink on it. even somehting as gay as Sam's club member. are they crazy, losers, overzealous or just trying to find themselves?

I have a DTW Crew tag that has the NW logo on it. I also have a Mesaba crew tag as well as that is who I fly for. I do not pretend to fly for NW.

I do have that tag as it makes the overnight bag even more noticeable since we have to have crew bags with the cargo in the Saab. It helps keeping the bag from being pulled at every outstation as if it were a pax bag and then you end up at an overnight with no bag. Many people also have these as well as other home made tags etc just for this reason.

... they think they're flying with a newbie solely based on employee number, then realize the guy to the right of them has more experience.

<grin> One of my first trips after IOE at Comair I showed up at the airplane to find the Captain holding court with a bunch of other pilots on the ramp next to the airplane. I nodded at him, went outside, and preflighted the airplane.

A little while later he sat down in the cockpit and asked how long I had been with the company.

"I just got off IOE last week", I responded.

"Well don't worry. Won't be long before you have stories to tell." He said.

He then proceeded to brief me and, during his briefing he told me that he would take the first few legs and if it looked like things were going ok, he would have me fly later in the day.

So the Captain flew the first two legs and then asked, "So what do you think? You ready to fly a leg?"

I responded, "Well... maybe I better watch you fly a few more legs."

So he flew a few more and then we went to the hotel.

The next morning we showed up at the airport and the Captain said, "So you think you're ready to fly a leg?"

"Jeez boss," I replied, "I forgot most of what I saw yesterday. Why don't you fly a few more?"

So he flew a few more legs. About halfway through day two I guess he started to run out of things about himself to talk about and he asked me, "So how long have you been flight instructing?"

I said, "Actually I haven't flight-instructed in about ten years."

He then queried, "Oh... so what kind of flying have you been doing?"

To which I responded, "I was a 737 first officer for US Airways. Got furloughed in March."

To which HE responded, "So why am I flying all of the legs???"

I just grinned. He didn't buy the drinks the second night. ;)

I admire your restraint, FurloughedAgain. Don't think I would've had the patience to let it go that long.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back