• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regional jets: Reign over Part 2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He's just baiting you AAflyer. It's a form of snobbish self-affirmation.

In the end I believe that AA and it's pilots will come to an agreement. But it won't be giving away AA jobs to the likes of commuter lifers.

Incorrect. What you see as "baiting" I see as a reality check. What you see as self-affirmation, snobbish or not, I see as laying out the problem for discussion. What I see as a common problem among many pilots is a failure to recognize actual problems aka denial and the lazy desire to focus on attacking other pilots as the problem instead of the economic circumstances affecting this and other industries in the modern world.
In the end I believe that AA and it's pilots will come to an agreement. But it won't be giving away AA jobs to the likes of commuter lifers.
Of course AA and the APA will come to an agreement. Why do you think it is now going on four years to do so? The company isn't pushing hard because they prefer the status quo. Why isn't the APA pushing as hard as the TWU and the APFA for new and improved contract? Could it be because the APA leadership knows that any contract forged in arbitration or bankruptcy court is not conducive to their goals?

Since you believe I'm only baiting and self-affirming, please educate the forum on where I am wrong in my statements.....or are personal attacks all you have?

LOL. It's a shame that some airlines cut the safety buffer down to the point where it requires a government fix. The main reason why something wasn't done before was due to organizations like ATA and RAA which used their lobbying power to advocate rules which maximized profits. All to often, the relation between safety and profits is an inverse relationship. The Colgan crash epitomized many of the problems in our industry.

True. We don't need, and probably would never see, a return to regulation, but the government does need to protect the public through oversight of any public service.

IN the end according to this article my job is effectively coming to end, so the choices are letting the LCCs take it or giving up SCOPE so you can ride around the country in 100-130 seat jets (giving my the finger with a big smile on your face.)

In the end if my job is lost, I would rather let it be lost to an LCC, they still pay far more than your company ever will. If I have to reapply for work again I would rather put in my application at Southwest, Jetblue, or Airtran over Eagle any day of the week..

AA

Why not staple Eagle such that the APA would have more direct control over work rules and working conditions- keeping all would be outsourced flying "in house"? Regionals don't have to grow at the expense of mainline. However, we continue to allow it given our current mindset.

Hey Draginass,

I know he is, and my comments were mild attempt at humor. It is funny this guy talks about attitude. I have gotten enough attitude from their group to last a life time.

AAflyer

(Prior Simmons)

Does this mean it's okay for you to act like an immature jerk? Where's the leadership from the World's Greatest Pilots?

WHy not.... I have repeatedly held the higher ground, and to what end... Nothing, zip nadda... After awhile you cut your losses...

Worlds Greatest Pilot, that sign is for the Eagle Pilots.
:rolleyes:

Why not staple Eagle such that the APA would have more direct control over work rules and working conditions- keeping all would be outsourced flying "in house"? Regionals don't have to grow at the expense of mainline. However, we continue to allow it given our current mindset.

Well, the obvious answer to the "staple" question is: Because all the Eagle guys would be out on the street, behind about 2,000 mainline guys.
Anyone at Eagle would be quite the dumbass to agree to a plain staple.

-Duh

LOL. It's a shame that some airlines cut the safety buffer down to the point where it requires a government fix. The main reason why something wasn't done before was due to organizations like ATA and RAA which used their lobbying power to advocate rules which maximized profits. All to often, the relation between safety and profits is an inverse relationship. The Colgan crash epitomized many of the problems in our industry.

This summnation sounds spot on. Of course it's also due to the shortsightedness of people like Randy Babbitt who backed the growth of the regional movement and ALPA policy condoning such, all of the way back to Clancy Sayen. This, despite immediate evidence that this would undermine all of the safety gains made by ALPA up to that point. ALPA's motto used to be schedule with safety, now it's just a sad joke.

Well, the obvious answer to the "staple" question is: Because all the Eagle guys would be out on the street, behind about 2,000 mainline guys.
Anyone at Eagle would be quite the dumbass to agree to a plain staple.
Agreed. Although our younger, less experienced pilots see it as a career short cut, in the end, it'd be a career killer.

Latest resources

Back