Regional FOs: Check out NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
[quote=737 Pylt;

As far as my 737 type, I got it back in 1998!

So you were 26 years Old when you got your 737 type when you were at TSA? wow that's still pretty young.

Still doesn't add up if you were getting your 737 type for SWA back then. you were still Furloughed after 9/11. And just recently got your recall notice as I recall.

So how can you have a Note out against the company if you were only on property at delta less then a year before getting furloughed. I thought that only guys that had a claim were the guys that had been at delta 15+ years and were coming up on retirement.

Keep dreaming about that note and have fun standing in line waiting for what you'll never collect.
Yeah sure big Alpa's gonna help you guys just like they helped the USAir guys with there Merger/Senority intergration with America West.

Yeah you have 25 years to retire but thats just til the next furlough or next round of mergers. weren't you guys in USAirs crosshairs recently.

As for Lav cleaning don't know never cleaned one always tipped the line guy 20 bucks.

Bottom line your just bitter that someone thats flying a little ity bitty Jet is making more Money with less longevity then your payscale has better Job security and a better QOL. So you don't live in ATL. living in JFK or commuting to JFK is so much better maybe you got SLC who care's. But I don't have to worry about being told I can't hold a base anymore as the company decides to pull down xyz fleets and now have to decide do I wanna pack up the the family and move them or have a longer commute to and from work.

Last edited:
Okay could you please fill me in on why you guys that fly the big iron think you're so great? Do the laws of physics apply differently to those airplanes? Do you need to learn to fly differently then the rest of us? Please explain? If you're so great why are you trolling around the regional message board reading a thread about fractionals. You're just a piece of shi?! just like 737 puke. I'll remember to flip you the bird next time I taxi by you. You must be 737 pukes little bit?!. So tell me are you the man or woman or do you two switch it about a little? Maybe you have one of your gay boys from the back join in for a little excitement once in awhile. I really hate you airline guys with a passion and you can kiss my ass. Don't come running to NetJets the next time the airlines furlough everyone again, it's just a matter of when not if.

WOW! I just wish I had film of you when you were responding to this post. Dude, you have lost your mind! Do you get this upset with your job? Family members? Girl or (boy) Friends? I would like to think that you would just ignore him and stop posting but that is obviously just not going to happen. In light of that fact, this is great stuff. Beats the heck out of watching Springer. By the way, in fact the laws of physics do effect a larger aircraft differently than a playschool jet. That doesn't make heavy jet pilots great or better, just different. Just keep telling yourself that we are all laughing with you.

WOW! I just wish I had film of you when you were responding to this post. Dude, you have lost your mind! Do you get this upset with your job? Family members? Girl or (boy) Friends? I would like to think that you would just ignore him and stop posting but that is obviously just not going to happen. In light of that fact, this is great stuff. Beats the heck out of watching Springer. By the way, in fact the laws of physics do effect a larger aircraft differently than a playschool jet. That doesn't make heavy jet pilots great or better, just different. Just keep telling yourself that we are all laughing with you.
I used to fly big stuff and I don't feel different. I do feel less arrogant and self righteous. At least today.:laugh:

Last edited:
Just something to think about here before you shoot off in yer pants about the money...
I have been a regional pilot and I am now an NJA pilot and the job differences are B-I-G. Not to sound unfriendly or mean or whatever, but the "21st century pilot" types will not do well at NJA. Uniform compliance is standard, not optional depending on taste, the frosted hair will not get you a job, nor be tolerated after hired, leave the iPod OFF in the plane, no reading in the cockpit (no door) and you will do much more than fly the planes. NJA expects pilots to be pros, not timebuilding whizkids looking to be cool.
The job is great and I'd sooner quit flying than go to another airline job after this, but it is a lot more involved than just flying from A to B.
Just know what you are getting into, it's not for everyone.

Hi!

What is a "21st Century Pilot"? Never heard that term.

cliff
ABQ

Okay ttuite please explain to us how the principles of flight are different on the big jets? I'd really like to learn? Being a small jet pilot I don't really know these things.

I used to fly big stuff and I don't feel different. I do feel less arrogant and self righteous. At least today.:laugh:

If I have inany way given you the impression that I am the least arrogant or self righteous then I apoligize. That was not my intent. I thought that when I wrote that "they are just different" that it conveyed that message. I was looking at this site because I was thinking of putting in an application in a few months. After seeing the reaction to some name calling by some of your Pilots (reading your post, you are not included) I think that perhaps I should look somewhere else. How safe can a person who acts like these rabid dog reactionary posters be. Flying into an uncontrolled airport on a non-precision approach at mins while the Captain gets madder and madder. I think that I will stay in my little low pay cocoon that I am in until something better comes along. You see, not everyone who flies a 767 makes huge money. As a matter of fact I would get a pay raise if I went to your company. One other thing ,to some of the know it alls that commented, I am typed in the left seat eventhough I fly right seat and RO. The type of flying that you do does appeal to me but I just don't think with my background outside of aviation that I could deal with Captains like some that have written on this thread. I hope this clears up my views. Be safe and good luck to you!

Okay ttuite please explain to us how the principles of flight are different on the big jets? I'd really like to learn? Being a small jet pilot I don't really know these things.

You do understand that the application of a limited amount of thrust to an object that weighs 379,000 lbs is different than an application of a limited amount of thrust to an object that weight 17,000 lbs don't you? Maybe you are not really a pilot. Just about everything having to do with aircraft control is different. This goes from a 152 to your aircraft to a heavy jet. I am surprized that you would even ask this question. Wait! Maybe I am arrogant to expect someone of your obvious vast all encompassing knowledge to not know these things. Please read my above post. I am referring to you through most of it. Good luck to you sir, I hope that you get your anger issues resolved. Anyone who takes name calling to such an extream has serious issues that I nor just about anyone on this board can help you with.

Just something to think about here before you shoot off in yer pants about the money...
I have been a regional pilot and I am now an NJA pilot and the job differences are B-I-G. Not to sound unfriendly or mean or whatever, but the "21st century pilot" types will not do well at NJA. Uniform compliance is standard, not optional depending on taste, the frosted hair will not get you a job, nor be tolerated after hired, leave the iPod OFF in the plane, no reading in the cockpit (no door) and you will do much more than fly the planes. NJA expects pilots to be pros, not timebuilding whizkids looking to be cool.
The job is great and I'd sooner quit flying than go to another airline job after this, but it is a lot more involved than just flying from A to B.
Just know what you are getting into, it's not for everyone.
Terry:
Thanks for the good discription of the job. In talking with some NJA pilots I have received the same info. This discription is one of the reasons that I was attracted to NJA. After 7+ years at the commuters I too grew weary of the the 21st centry pilots and more so the 21st century airline model. I now work at an all business class start up where it is VERY VERY nice. The only problem is that I am looking for a backup plan if we don't make it. NJA seems to be the closest thing to what I presently do. However, with people like Allen1 and some of his followers I just don't know. I will admit that these folks who have posted on this thread are not at all like the professionals that I have met deadheading on my flights. Hopefully your system will weed them out as time goes on. I can just see Allen1 during a PC punching the glareshield and swearing. Thanks again for the information.

Latest resources

Back