• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regional FOs: Check out NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is the NJA current contract. http://www.ibt1108.org/public_new-contract.html
Be prepared to work under these rules, and this pay... if it makes you uncomfortable--stay put. If hired today, it is PBI, CMH, TEB, etc. until this TA is voted in. Granted it will most likely pass, it is a crapshoot right now.

I am a regional FO, sent my paper application in two weeks ago...and I'm waiting for a call. It is long tedious process to get hired at NJA...not like the regionals where you send your stuff and get a call within 2 days. I've been working on this NJA stuff now for about six weeks.

Hi!

The good thing about applying now, is that you'll know, before your interview, if the TA passed or not.

cliff
ABQ

Oh boy, buying Carbon Offsets, yeah that will work.

Why so negative?

The offsets are obviously a PR thing.

Did you get turned down by Netjets...No need to hold back man, let it go.

Sorry you got turned down, you know they do allow you to re-apply after 6 months.

There isn't a airline in the US that is as secure (in all ways) as Netjets is. If you think there is, please elaborate, I would like to hear your argument.

I'm not saying Netjets is the perfect or best job for everyone. I need stability for my family, it sure provides that over ANY airline!!!

Last edited:
Hi!

Carbon credit offsets are NOT a PR thing.

A PR thing is saying you're a "Green Car" company and you produce the lowest mileage cars in the world.

Carbon credits are where you pay someone to offset the carbon you are using (aircraft, car, factory, home). The offsets could be something as simple as planting X number of trees per year that would soak up the same amount of carbon as you are emitting in that year.

cliff
ABQ

PS-If U own a farm, or land in a good area, you can put windmills on your property. You can get the money for the electricity generated from the local utitlity company AND the carbon offset money from selling your credits. You are also probably elligible for some kind of tax rebates, unless Congress decides to cancel the wind energy rebate money so the oil companies can have more.

Last edited:
Why so negative?

The offsets are obviously a PR thing.

Did you get turned down by Netjets...No need to hold back man, let it go.

Sorry you got turned down, you know they do allow you to re-apply after 6 months.

There isn't a airline in the US that is as secure (in all ways) as Netjets is. If you think there is, please elaborate, I would like to hear your argument.

I'm not saying Netjets is the perfect or best job for everyone. I need stability for my family, it sure provides that over ANY airline!!!

So because I think carbon offsets are a load of crap, that means that I have been turned down by NetJets? I don't follow your reasoning.

I've never applied there, and that argument is the most wore out one on FI. I was pointing out that saying NetJets is more stable than ANY airline is a big load of crap.

Someone chimed in and said that Warren Buffet doesn't help out NJ when they have had losses, but the flip side of the argument is that it will never go out of buisness because of the deep pockets of Mr. Buffet. Which one is it?

Look, everyone wants security and it is nice to think the company you work for will be around for a while. We have to have some sort of security with seniority lists and such. I don't think NJ is immune from financial hardships.

Hi!

Carbon credit offsets are NOT a PR thing.

A PR thing is saying you're a "Green Car" company and you produce the lowest mileage cars in the world.

Carbon credits are where you pay someone to offset the carbon you are using (aircraft, car, factory, home). The offsets could be something as simple as planting X number of trees per year that would soak up the same amount of carbon as you are emitting in that year.

cliff
ABQ

PS-If U own a farm, or land in a good area, you can put windmills on your property. You can get the money for the electricity generated from the local utitlity company AND the carbon offset money from selling your credits. You are also probably elligible for some kind of tax rebates, unless Congress decides to cancel the wind energy rebate money so the oil companies can have more.

Cliff,

I'm out of the loop on the carbon offset thing. Thanks for the lesson.

:)

So because I think carbon offsets are a load of crap, that means that I have been turned down by NetJets? I don't follow your reasoning.

I've never applied there, and that argument is the most wore out one on FI. I was pointing out that saying NetJets is more stable than ANY airline is a big load of crap.

Someone chimed in and said that Warren Buffet doesn't help out NJ when they have had losses, but the flip side of the argument is that it will never go out of buisness because of the deep pockets of Mr. Buffet. Which one is it?

Look, everyone wants security and it is nice to think the company you work for will be around for a while. We have to have some sort of security with seniority lists and such. I don't think NJ is immune from financial hardships.

No it's just the negativity implied within your post for no apparent reason that makes me raise my eyebrows. Never mind that....

So again, what airline/aviation department is more secure than Netjets? OK which airline/department is AS secure as Netjets...? (I'm interested to hear your response)

Just ask any US Airways pilot how that thinking they were safe because of how high on the seniority list they were worked out for them...Your reasoning is WAY off base....Just because your SENIOR doesn't mean your safe....I can think of numerous examples to fight off your reasoning. Midway, National, TWA, Eastern, CCAir....

Do you get my point?

As a poor regional FO living in ATL, one who can't afford to shop at Publix. I can attest milk was 4.49 a gallon for the cheap Wal-mart brand milk at my local Supercenter. Ditto to 65k not going far.

You're right it doesn't go that far, but it goes a he?? of alot farther than than your crappy regional pay. If some regional actaully achieved this pay scale for their FO's we would never hear the end of it. Instead NetJets FO's might get this and all you can say is, it doesn't go that far instead of saying hey good job guys. You airline guys really need to get over your selves.

Latest resources

Back