Regional Captian Douchebag Syndrome-RCDS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Koslen said:
Good stuff here. Only two things though. The Captain is the boss of the flight like or not and he/she does get to decide who operates any giving leg. Other than those pionts your spot on!

A perfect example of RCDS. This guy is so insecure that he has to try to tell you when you're right or wrong over an internet chat room. Bet you're a real treat to fly with O' Skipper of the Skies.

BusDriver12 said:
You may Have RCDS-Regional Captain Douchebag Syndrome if these situations apply to you—

If you are constantly messing with the flight control panel…when you are NON-flying pilot-you may have RCDS

If you are constantly doing the FO’s flows- even one that consist of 2 switches.-you may have RCDS

If your crew upon reaching the overnight is constantly “tired” “not hungry” or “going to catch up on my F.O.M. reading tonight” instead of going out and having a few beers with you”-you may have RCDS

If when ATC calls your call sign you verbally announce everything that the FO is to reply back. Just in case the FO doesn’t know what it means when ATC asks “hows the ride at 350?” Thanks for the help capt.—you do have RCDS

If you have said more than once on a trip, “hey, crack the boards were looking a little high” or “I think you better increase your rate of descent” Descent planning isn’t hard, the FO knows how to do it, probably better than you do and may have a lot more experience than you do, I don’t tell you how to fly unless its unsafe, so you should do the same. If I needed a flying style coach I would ask…..-you have RCDS

If there is a celebrity on board and you make 15 PA’s—while you are the flying pilot- you may have RCDS

If you are captain and don’t know how to program the FMS. And refuse to ask for help from the FO- you may have RCDS

If you annonce over the PA on the descent announcement that the FO is going to be landing the airplane today…..you may have RCDS (I actually heard this one the other day!!)

If you want to brief the approach 250 miles out, “just to get it done with” – you may have RCDS.

If in the pre-flight pre-trip briefing you say “I fly by the book or im laid back”- nobody flies 100 % by the book and if you are laid back, you don’t need to say it, it will take care of itself.- you may have RCDS.

If you try to get the fat FA drunk every night and still couldn’t score with her or any other girl on the face of the earth- you might have RCDS

Remedies for RCDS—realize that your crew members are professionals and have had the same training you have, you don’t need to tell them what to do every 5 seconds like they are 3 years old, you are not the almighty ruler of the crew. If you do this your crew doesn’t like you and doesn’t want to be around you. They don’t respect you. The company has forced me to hang around you for the next 4 days, Its not my decision. Just show your crew some respect and you will be respected back. And fly when its your turn to FLY and run the radios when its your turn to run the radios.

I've got one!!.....

If you're always giving your FO crap about his landings even after they were good and always say "well, you got lucky on that one" and when you slam one on the runway it's always a "well that's the only way to get it done" or "that wind at the last second was tough" then you have RCDS.

Hey come on, he is a LEAR CAPTAIN. What he says is SPOT ON.........

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Hey come on, he is a LEAR CAPTAIN. What he says is SPOT ON.........

Bye Bye--General Lee

How did you know? hahahaha!

Sounds like a Callebaut; he fits almost every one of them to a "T".

Let's not forget if you're an FFDO, like to show everyone your shiny weapon by wearing it on your hip like a Sheriff, play with the clip in flight, and NO ONE in the company can understand how in the hell you passed the mental exam to go through FFDO training, you might have RCDS.

Other than that, yeh, the captain's the captain. It's obvious. Most of you "captains" out there, expecially those of you with "captain" in your profile, need to lighten up. BTW, you suffer from RCDS, also (maybe MCDS, ChCDS, CaCDS, CoCDS, FCDS, or where ever it is you work).

good post there are far too many d!ckhead regional captains out there. i love the as$wipes out there that give u a nice lecture about how the younger generation doesnt care anymore and doesnt know their job and then proceeds to consistently be at 280 below 10,000 and bust through altitudes. what happened there cappie? oh yeah i forgot that was the airplanes fault, it 's not behaving properly.
i've also had that too where the capt. insists on telling the passengers over the pa whose landing it will be. i understand there are also a lot of sh!t fo/s out there but keep the little stuff like small technique criticisms to yourself, newsflash nobody wants to hear them.

keep the little stuff like small technique criticisms to yourself, newsflash nobody wants to hear them.[/quote]

THANK YOU!!! my point exactly!!!!

Good points made here, but let's give credit where it's due: The Captain Douchebag Syndrome isn't limited to just the regionals, or the left seat for that matter. Douchebags can be found in every type of operation from 300 hour CFI's to 777 Captains at the majors and it doesn't matter how many stripes they're wearing. Douchbags are born that way and there ain't no changing that!

Can you take the little blue pill for RCDS??

Pass the Maxim...it looks like the fueler's done, so get out there and check the fuel doors, and don't forget your jacket.

So what will Genral Lee be when he upgrades on the '88???

Mookie

Mookie said:
Can you take the little blue pill for RCDS??

Pass the Maxim...it looks like the fueler's done, so get out there and check the fuel doors, and don't forget your jacket.

So what will Genral Lee be when he upgrades on the '88???

Mookie

I'll be YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE. Nah, I'll be cool. Just don't bring up the RJDC, Airtran, Jetblue, Comair's help with our furloughs, SkyWest and their pilots ruining the regional industry by first taking 50 seat wages for planes up to 99 seats, and the strange reason we allow SkyWest pilots who fly both the United and Delta side on the jumpseat---even when they don't allow us the same deal......(due to Computer problems). Hey, I won't even ask a SkyWest pilot where he is based, since it is likely that if he/she is ORD or DEN based, I can't ride in his/her cockpit.(but they can ride in mine) I can't wait!!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back