Regional Captian Douchebag Syndrome-RCDS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Vandal said:
Decent planning really matters when there are bad guys at the end of the descent...

Ah, so you've flown into White Plains, NY, and seen the prison work release program that runs the ramp? :uzi:

Oh, wait, you said Military... :D

A damn epidemic at Mesaba. "If you ain't from UND, you can't fly." - XJ Douchebag supreme!!!

Oh Yeah, I've witnessed more of those guys miss crossings than I can count. Nope, I don't say a thing. I just laugh my a$$ off. Its his name on the release. If we're a crew, then treat me as such.

Mookie said:
At least we allow unlimited jumpseats. hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Cass should be online soon.

Mookie

So do we, to all SkyWest pilots(one or two in the cockpit, and then open seats in back for the rest)........And Southwest pilots. We tried with AA, but they weren't interested I guess.

Bye Bye--General Lee

scangadah said:
Gee. how long ago did Delta start letting anybody in the actual Jump? How quickly we forget. More drivel from the Lee. How about you never ask me for a ride and I will never ask you. What a tool!

Since 1996.(the year I got on with DL) And, I don't need a ride from you. I live in Mecca, with plenty of flights EVERYWHERE. SEE YA.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Avioding those really senior guys in open time I have found to be easiest way of not finding these types. I have found the new CA's the best to fly with hence the best crm. I think these guys with the sydrome add to a unsafe operation b/c of the friction in the cockpit. What misery being stuck with a fricking egotistical dork for four days. Unfortunatly this will always be a problem due to the nature of the job. It is just a job it doesn't mean anything, don't take it home, don't brag about it, and certainly don't let it turn you into a pain in the A$S.

BusDriver12 said:
You may Have RCDS-Regional Captain Douchebag Syndrome if these situations apply to you—

If you are constantly messing with the flight control panel…when you are NON-flying pilot-you may have RCDS

If you are constantly doing the FO’s flows- even one that consist of 2 switches.-you may have RCDS

If your crew upon reaching the overnight is constantly “tired” “not hungry” or “going to catch up on my F.O.M. reading tonight” instead of going out and having a few beers with you”-you may have RCDS

If when ATC calls your call sign you verbally announce everything that the FO is to reply back. Just in case the FO doesn’t know what it means when ATC asks “hows the ride at 350?” Thanks for the help capt.—you do have RCDS

If you have said more than once on a trip, “hey, crack the boards were looking a little high” or “I think you better increase your rate of descent” Descent planning isn’t hard, the FO knows how to do it, probably better than you do and may have a lot more experience than you do, I don’t tell you how to fly unless its unsafe, so you should do the same. If I needed a flying style coach I would ask…..-you have RCDS

If there is a celebrity on board and you make 15 PA’s—while you are the flying pilot- you may have RCDS

If you are captain and don’t know how to program the FMS. And refuse to ask for help from the FO- you may have RCDS

If you annonce over the PA on the descent announcement that the FO is going to be landing the airplane today…..you may have RCDS (I actually heard this one the other day!!)

If you want to brief the approach 250 miles out, “just to get it done with” – you may have RCDS.

If in the pre-flight pre-trip briefing you say “I fly by the book or im laid back”- nobody flies 100 % by the book and if you are laid back, you don’t need to say it, it will take care of itself.- you may have RCDS.

If you try to get the fat FA drunk every night and still couldn’t score with her or any other girl on the face of the earth- you might have RCDS

Remedies for RCDS—realize that your crew members are professionals and have had the same training you have, you don’t need to tell them what to do every 5 seconds like they are 3 years old, you are not the almighty ruler of the crew. If you do this your crew doesn’t like you and doesn’t want to be around you. They don’t respect you. The company has forced me to hang around you for the next 4 days, Its not my decision. Just show your crew some respect and you will be respected back. And fly when its your turn to FLY and run the radios when its your turn to run the radios.
Thank you. There's a few at my company in particular (who shall remian nameless) who are exactly like this. I do whatever I can to avoid them.

mozzer said:
amem brother. i love the "ok lets call for taxi" after the push......
no sh!t i thought we were gonna just sit here and block everybody

how bout the capt that while flying....get the atis, sets speeds, calls ops.....i know of more than one guy who does this....drives me nuts
I look at it like this, the more work he does, the less that I have to do. If he wants to do both our jobs combined becasue he doesn't trust me to make initial calls to center and all I have to do it just show up, fly my legs and go home and he get's to lug all the paperwork around for four days, that's his bag.

Last edited:
CA1900 said:
Ah, so you've flown into White Plains, NY, and seen the prison work release program that runs the ramp? :uzi:

Oh, wait, you said Military... :D

they also like fueling the right wing first and then the left. i can't wait till an airplane tips over. at least twice we've had to ask them to fuel both wings at the same time or at least keep it within 300# of each other.

NEDude said:
In all fairness, I have had to ask FOs to call for taxi because they were just sitting there. Perhaps they have flown with some guys who do have RCDS and yell at them if they call for taxi on their own.

Bingo! I ask my Captains if they're ready before I call. I've been yelled at too many times at a previous airline.

If you feel it necessary to quote the whole friggin' post, you're a douchebag.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back