Regional airlines are doomed!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That was the past. Bye Bye---General Lee

OMG! This is really hilarious, GL back. But you are correct scope could possibly be reined in by DAL pilots, but what AA does with their scope may prove to be interesting and punch a hole into DAL pilots desire to control scope. Hope not, I'm ready to move on as are many in the regionals. Oh have a fantasic day General!

Are they not ex-northwest trips usually done on an airbus or the 747 and not the 767? I have seen multiple Delta A330, 777, 747 all over Asia but typically not the 767.

I dont know about the 767. They might be doing what the 757 and the baby buses use to do at NWA, In and out of Narita(hubbing).

Are they not ex-northwest trips usually done on an airbus or the 747 and not the 767? I have seen multiple Delta A330, 777, 747 all over Asia but typically not the 767.

No, we have a large 757/767 operation in NRT, with 757s doing "interport" service within a 5 hour radius, including Guam, Saipan, Korror (Palau), Seoul, and Pusan. 767s go to Beijing, Shanghai(this month), Hong Kong(this month), Honolulu, and SFO/PDX. There are also nonstops on the 767 from HNL to Nagoya and Fukuoka, and SEA to Beijing and Osaka. Yes, the 744s, 777s, and A330s also fly other routes over there, but the 757/767 flying is quite extensive, routing trips initially and ending trips via SFO/PDX for ATL pilots.

Sorry for the thread creep, just responding to a question.

Bye Bye---General Lee

OMG! This is really hilarious, GL back. But you are correct scope could possibly be reined in by DAL pilots, but what AA does with their scope may prove to be interesting and punch a hole into DAL pilots desire to control scope. Hope not, I'm ready to move on as are many in the regionals. Oh have a fantasic day General!

Thanks, you too. I haven't heard any request for scope easing, and with the strong profits I don't expect it. AMR had a lot less 70 seaters, which I expect them to get more, but at the same time dump less efficient E135s and E140s. It may be a wash in terms of numbers, but the larger RJs will increase, IMO. I don't think even the judge would go for even larger RJs, probably looking at peer airlines as a baseline.

Bye Bye----General Lee

So general, Do you only shoot for one suspension at any given time or do you have a third personality that allows you to still exist after two?

Off topic I know, but I'm curious.

there are actually some asian trips on the 7ER that are 10 days or greater. not that this helps your topic at all

It will be interesting to see what the moderator thinks about this post of yours. It sure isn't very nice. Three personalities? Only around my wife, and she likes all three.

Bye Bye----General Lee

Yeah... Addressing the fact that you use multiple screen names is ruthless.

I especially like the consistency of your history of posts where you will actually compliment what you yourself just said...

Gen Lee: Here's what I think
3 minutes later: OYS: That's a very intuitive thought GL.

Brilliant.

Latest resources

Back