• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regarding UAL Troubles

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I haven't seen that much crap spew out of a red tail since the last time I went to the monkey house at the zoo.

You have yourself a good one, now, y'hear?

Umm....."Kid Char" who is it you work for?

Sounds like the UAL Flight Officer employment office made the right decision to not hire you. I wouldn't want to spend 5 seconds in a cockpit with you.

LUVtheDC10.....Great post!

Signed,

WHITE MALE-Non Intern UAL pilot...

P.S. Didn't VALUJET charge $12,000 to come work for them? Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmmm.

Apparently it's wrong to hire minorities, but to staff an airline full of SCABS is acceptable. UFB!

Extra300S said:
P.S. Didn't VALUJET charge $12,000 to come work for them? [/i]

I don't know. I don't work for Valujet. . . . . but next time I fly with a former Valujet guy, I'll ask him. So, what's your point?

Last edited:
Hmmmm

How 'bout them Cubs!!!!!!

C Bow

Extra: another brilliant UAL pilot (not)

Extra300S said:

Umm....."Kid Char" who is it you work for?

Sounds like the UAL Flight Officer employment office made the right decision to not hire you. I wouldn't want to spend 5 seconds in a cockpit with you.

Extra,

I see you are a United pilot. Apparantly you guys aren't too bright, you don't read very well!!!! As I made very clear in several of my posts the UAL employment office did not make a decision to not hire me. I think they would have had a hard time making any kind of a decision about me - since I never sent in an application! Like I said before, even though I was very competitive I made a conscious choice that I would never go to work for a company that had the kind of hiring policy UAL did. I have too much integrity for that. As a result of my decision to stick to principle, I am still gainfully employed in the industry. Funny how things work out huh? And as far as you spending "5 seconds" in the cockpit with me, don't worry - I don't believe you'll ever have that pleasure (suits me fine).

I didn't start this thread for the purpose of bashing UAL guys, the point was to have a rational discussion of UAL's hiring policy. But since another United pilot like Extra saw fit to attack me personally, I can't help but wonder - are all UAL pilots a few french fries short of a full Happy Meal?? How else can you explain the boneheaded decision they made back in 1994 to lock in their pay rates for 6 years (making them ineligible for raises during UAL's most profitable years) in return for company stock that couldn't even be cashed out till retirement??!!!??? You can wipe your butt with that stock now. Talk about being cognitively challeged... I bet management couldn't stop laughing - "the pilots agreed to THAT?? YGBSM!!!"

To the guy talking about UAL choosing applicants from "stacks":

You even admitted they had a special stack just for women/minority applicants. If you can't see how that very fact alone makes the hiring process a travesty.....then all I can say is we think very differently indeed. More politically correct bullpoppy. Just another symptom of what has gone wrong with this country...people think they're entitled cause they are female or black or Asian or Hispanic or Buddhist or they're missing a toe or one ear is bigger than the other, etc. What a disgrace! And the senior UAL pilots who let it go on are just as guilty - they knew what was happening, they knew it was immoral and unethical and unsafe, and they did nothing!

Again just my 2 cents. Those who wish to may flame away - but I'm still entitled to my opinion. It's a free country (for now anyway).

Nice crosscut...maybe you should change your name to dumba$$.
Get use to flying that B-1900...

Crosscut.

Yea.... A genius comparison, ratio of SCABS not even close. Your ignorant statement speaks volumes.

I hope you enjoy your 1900 at Redneck airlines.

spinup said:
Crosscut.

Yea.... A genius comparison, ratio of SCABS not even close. Your ignorant statement speaks volumes.

I hope you enjoy your 1900 at Redneck airlines.

Ratio?

928 v.s. 2,245, but that's beside the pnt

Why, are you still trying to justify your statement?

Was your scab remark to draw attention away from UAL's low time minority hiring practices? If not, I couldn't connect one w/the other???

Don't be throwing stones when you live in a glass house.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back