Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Question for 250scp

250scp,

You stated there were 6 girls in your class of 24. Just out of curiosity, how did the qualifications of the girls compare to the guys?

Just wondering.....

P.S. I think you'll be waiting a long time for a call-back from UAL (if they avoid chapter 7)....but good luck to you and your family in whattever path you choose.

I once knew a captain who's first name was Shannon(white male). He received a call from a major airline(not UAL) to schedule an interview. The caller asked to speak with Shannon and he said you are. There was a bit of a silence on the other end and the HR person then said "oh", end of conversation. Obviously, the rocket-scientist on the other end did even read the app, just the name. A sad but, unfortunately very true story.

Whether you agree or disagree with UAL's hiring practices, to suggest that this somehow has anything to do with their current financial situation is just assinine. Even more assinine is hoping that they fail because of it. So, I guess that proves you are nothing more than an a$$. A sad, bitter a$$, worthy of no further thought or comment. I'm sure that these attributes will serve you well throughout what's left of your career.

Kid Charleflame bait, I'm not biting. The old "I was just wondering what you all think about..." is getting old.

Stupid management tricks

trainerjet and express1,

If the bonehead UAL management was foolish and reckless enough to institute a PC-based hiring policy, don't you think they would make equally boneheaded decisions in many other areas? And that these decisions might have led them to their present predicament? As far as them being brought up on charges, you and I both know that's ridiculous. If they had been discriminating in favor of whites/males I'm sure they would be on the losing end of all kinds of lawsuits....but discriminating against the dreaded white male? No problem!! Bottom line - its BS no matter how you slice it.

Also, I'm sure everybody has a UAL story that relates either to themsleves or a friend. Here's another one. A certain female and minority individual is booted out of the military cause she can't fly her way out of a paper bag. She was given twice the number of chances to pass a checkride anyone else was (cause she got a lawyer and threatened to sue Uncle Sam for sexual and racial discrimination). She still bombed out and in return for not suing, she was allowed to honorably resign the service instead of fulfilling her committment. She promptyly applies to UAL and is immediately hired. Think about that next time you or a loved one flies on United. Sad but very true.

Like it or not white males are the only race/gender that gets LEGALLY discrimaneted against today. The only ones exempt from this are Board Members for Major Airlines. From what I understand, U had a lawsuit against them because there were not enough minority pilots working for them. They caved and agreed to change that. Which is when their hiring mins changed to 350 hours. I don't blame U as much as I blame the current system. The courts would rather have less experienced pilots flying their planes just to make a quota. Is it fair that United hired minorities with 350 hours of piston time when there were pilots with 1000's of hours of transport experience? Absolutely not, but it is legal.

Real simple. UAL was forced by the EEOC to "hire" minoritys because they had a pratice of not hiring them and got caught twice. The position UAL is in today has nothing to do with this.

I have a friend at UAL (like everyone) she was flying the 747-400. I consider her a sharp pilot. She does not have the time (PIC) to apply to FED EX or us (SWA).

I wonder how much longer UAL can hang on? Its a sad story.

WHAT REALLY IS THE SITUATION WITH UAL?

All controversy aside, what is the situation with UAL (besides being in CH. 11 since last December)? Are they that close to Chapter 7? Are there any major deadlines/goals they have to meet to avoid liquidation? What could cause the "final verdict" to be read? How soon could the "other boot" drop?

250cp.

What really scares me about this thread is that 250cp thinks United will rise! United will be lucky not to be liquidated, I would predict fragmentation comming soon. Anyone furloughed from UAL will most likely never return to UAL.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back