Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Alin10123

Hey guys,
Just a quick question for those of you who have had your first class medicals done. I was reading and noticed that if everything checks out while you're at the office, you can have your first class medical in hand and walk out with it. Am i correct in that?

With that said, they wont really have time to do blood work right? Ex. Cholesterol, organ function stuff, etc...

They only take a urine test right?
Does the AME have access to your medical records at your physicians office?

Not that i'm going to try and pull a fast one or anything, i'm just curious to what extent they check you up on. I know that the first class medical is the hardest one to get.

thanks in advance.

Alin10123 said:
I was reading and noticed that if everything checks out while you're at the office, you can have your first class medical in hand and walk out with it. Am i correct in that?
yes

With that said, they wont really have time to do blood work right? Ex. Cholesterol, organ function stuff, etc...
no

They only take a urine test right?
yes
I know that the first class medical is the hardest one to get. .
not by much

I was in the office for a total of 25 minutes for my 1st class. I think it starts to be more difficult once you are over 40. I think they do the whole bum check and heart stuff then...but I'm not sure, I'm not over 40.

Jack

I was in the office for a total of 25 minutes for my 1st class. I think it starts to be more difficult once you are over 40. I think they do the whole bum check and heart stuff then...but I'm not sure, I'm not over 40.

Jack

If you are under forty, the second class is just as hard as the first class.

I had a recent scare with the bifoveal fixation test. I had been flying the night before, was tired, and it was a morning appt., but basically almost blew it. (and that was for a second class.)

Oh yeah... the dreaded first class medical.

How you feeling? Good? She already gave you the eye exam, right? Breath deep for me. OK, leave your sample in there... see you in 6 months.

You get an EKG at 35 and every year over 40.

NoPax said:
If you are under forty, the second class is just as hard as the first class.

I had a recent scare with the bifoveal fixation test. I had been flying the night before, was tired, and it was a morning appt., but basically almost blew it. (and that was for a second class.)

What's bifoveal fixation?

ackattacker said:
Oh yeah... the dreaded first class medical.

How you feeling? Good? She already gave you the eye exam, right? Breath deep for me. OK, leave your sample in there... see you in 6 months.

You get an EKG at 35 and every year over 40.

You mean like Urine right?
Well... i actually just had a full physical at my Dr's office. I am about to schedule an eye exam for new contacts.

The only thing that came back a tad high on my physical was liver enzymes. I have other tests scheduled. But that was about it, everything else came back normal and within range.

I shouldn't have a problem with my first class right? Basically... if they just take a urine sample, they would be testing the same things that my physician tested and would know nothing about the liver enzymes since they dont take blood right?

thanks in advance

Alin10123 said:
What's bifoveal fixation?

Binocularity refers to the ability of both eyes to track the same object at the same time. This means that the image of the object falls on the fovea of each eye at the same time. This is termed bifoveal fixation. Fusion, which is the superimposition of the two images in the brain, results from bifoveal fixation. The highest degree of binocularity is stereopsis, which is three dimensional depth perception made possible by the fusion of the binocular images of an object viewed at slightly different angles.

Gotta luv the internet! :)

.​

Latest resources

Back