• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Refused Pinnacle Deadheads

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you like catfish and chip, there's a nice place right by the riverwalk in downtown Little Rock, AR. There're also a micro brewery nearby, which is also a plus if you have 8+ overnight (not possible here at 9E though).

You know what else would be good to know? Some decent BBQ or other food in various airports we run through on a day to day basis - not necessarily on an overnight. I still stand by my original statement that I have to swing by Interstate or Corky's in MEM if I have more than 20 minute turns in there. Usually airport food sucks, but there is some good stuff to be found.

Any other decent airport food (preferably BBQ) out there?

Cheers

Last edited:
When in the SF Bay area, i'd highly recommend Flints in Berkeley, or Everett & Jones on San Pablo Ave in Berkeley.

Any other decent airport food (preferably BBQ) out there

BOS -- Legal Seafood and Fuddruckers
DCA -- Maui Tacos
JFK -- Employee cafeteria, if you don't mind the rats.

Sadly, a short list. Help me out here...

Oh, and let me add Dreamland in BHM and Dinosaurs in ROC to the BBQ list.

IAH...Harlan's BBQ
AUS...Matt's El Rancho (mexican). I think there is BBQ there also.
MEM...Good pasta in the 9E terminal

LAX...Good breakfast taco truck outside the DHL building about 0630.

Nothing beats Carolina BBQ!!

Wilmington- Smithfields Chicken and BBQ
Charlotte- YOu may have to drive up into Concord. (About 25min North)
Check out Troutman's BBQ or Gary's BBQ
RDU- There is a Smithfields right outside of town
I'm sure South Carolina has great BBQ. Around CAE,FLO, and GSP!

91 said:
I never said that Family Guy wasn't better! It is, and I am thrilled to see Lois again. She's a babe. Maybe they can draw up an episode where the Griffins travel foward in time and meet up with the Futurama people. Lois decides she's not happy with Peter anymore, and gets a little curious, and Leila decides to help her out, much to Fry's chagrin and Bender's amusement... I can see it now.

Man I dont care, Leila or Lois.....I TAP BOTH OF THOSE A$$E$!!!!!

Can't beat Eastern North Carolina BBQ...My favorite is Chap's, located 10 mins south of Kinston on Hwy 11. A close second is Wilbur's outside of Goldsboro.

172DRVR,

Man, I forgot about Legal Seafood in Boston! Some of the best lobster, prawns and cod I've ever had. Reasonably priced too. I'm now going through the bid packet looking for BOS overnights. I'm not sure we have them out of IAH.

172driver said:
Oh, and let me add Dreamland in BHM...to the BBQ list.

No. No. No. No. NO! Dreamland is WAY overrated. I've only been there once, don't plan on going back, and I (unfortunately) live in BHM.

If you want good BBQ, Fat Matt's in Atlanta's the place to go. But bring cash 'cause they don't take American Express, or any other plastic.

And avoid the Legal Seafood just north of the Teterboro airport at the Garden State Mall. It's just not as good as the rest.

Latest resources

Back