• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Refineries

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Im selling my 99 malibu. It runs perfect. Want to buy it ? (or get more info?)

Dizel8 said:
Two grand, what on earth is wrong with it that would cost that much??
i'm assuming it will cost that much with labor and parts. i have some dents and broken pieces that need fixed, as well as rust. i want to get it painted, a new seat, etc etc etc. i'm only assuming it's 2 grand, but hopefully it's cheaper than that. if i had this one fixed up, it'd be worth the $3000-$5000 range. i think it'd be money well spent!! it was my dad's when he was a kid.

Lilah said:
414Flyer,

While I'm a bit perplexed by your avatar, your views with respect to car economics are well founded.

My family drives a six year old VW Jetta TDI which gets 46mpg AVERAGE! The other car is a twelve year old Honda Civic. Both get great mileage, are very reliable, and neither has collision insurance since neither of us has had wrecks. Heck, we quite often we can't remember the last time we put fuel/gas in the vehicle. There's a lot to be said for efficient transportation.

Lilah

You have never been to the Landover Baptist website? Its a riot! :) I will have to go back to my Che with mickey mouse ears avatar at some time, I have had the bible gun camp one up too long.

I think a big mistake a lot of pilot make starting out, is having a car payment. There is too much instability and low pay starting out, and the last thing one needs is financial pressure which might make one take a bad job, when one might have held out for something a bit better if there was no car payment to make.

I have long been a proponent of both increased exploration and increase conservation. The left has some reaction to energy exploration and production, like dracula has to a cross. Then those who drive low miles per gallon vehicles, because of status, keeping up with neighbors, or that just do not need them at all, really help contribute to the increased demand and low gasoline inventories, and helps drive up prices.

Latest resources

Back