• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Recommend me some airplanes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Almost every FBO in this country, save small municipal airports, will have at least one GPU available if not a whole bunch of them. Sometimes you somebody else may have the one an FBO has, but most times if their pax aren't close at hand a crew won't mind letting you use it for 10-15min for cooling & engine start.

GPU availability ain't an issue in the bizav world like it is in the regional airline world...

You are correct, but the 40/45 is VERY picky about GPUs. There are some FBOs i have been to with 4 GPUs but only one will work on the 45.

Everyone has been discussing the longest mission, but the OP originally said that most of the trips would be 250 miles. A LR-45 is awfully inefficient at that distance. I would recommend an Avanti or even a TBM.

The TBM is a bit small. A PC12 would be an ok option, not sure about the single engine aspect though. Plus its pretty slow when you talk about LRC(which would be required to make the west coast).

The Piaggio is a decent option, but I am not sure on the range. I have seen 1500 miles and I have seen 1800+ miles. The Avanti II would be what I would go with I think. Did the fuel tanks get bigger from the straight Avanti?

Go to a local airport and track a flexjet 40/45 on flightaware. I would talk with the pilots who I believe can and do operate both. They may shed some good data/feelings about the plane in real world ops. Good luck.

The TBM is a bit small. A PC12 would be an ok option, not sure about the single engine aspect though. Plus its pretty slow when you talk about LRC(which would be required to make the west coast).

The Piaggio is a decent option, but I am not sure on the range. I have seen 1500 miles and I have seen 1800+ miles. The Avanti II would be what I would go with I think. Did the fuel tanks get bigger from the straight Avanti?

There is no difference in fuel quantity on the Avanti I and II. There is a slight difference in the engines, which give you a few more knots in cruise. 900-1000nm is about what you can plan non-stop. Ontario, Canada to Van Nuys can be done with one fuel stop in the Denver area. STL-SFO will require a fuel stop as well. PM me if you are going to consider the Piaggio, I can give you the good and bad of the plane.(+3000 hrs in it)

Just curious, what OTHER sources are you using to get information? While the ladies and gentlemen of FI.com are a helpful bunch many of them have not shopped for or bought an airplane before. If your boss found out you were spending his money based on the advice of some folks on the internet would he think he hired the wrong guy? Consultants like Conlkin & de Decker may seem pricey but not as pricey as buying the wrong airplane and trading it in 6 months for what you really need.

No offense but you're all over the place here. You've acknowledged suggestions from TBM to Hawker. It may be worth a short meeting or phone call to narrow down this new owner's needs and wants and not waste him time with a spreadsheet of 15 different airplanes.

By the way, no, I am not a CdD employee but just giving my advice to an RJ guy that might not have had a lot of exposure to this side of the aviation coin. Enjoy the ride, whatever it is.

Just curious, what OTHER sources are you using to get information? While the ladies and gentlemen of FI.com are a helpful bunch many of them have not shopped for or bought an airplane before. If your boss found out you were spending his money based on the advice of some folks on the internet would he think he hired the wrong guy? Consultants like Conlkin & de Decker may seem pricey but not as pricey as buying the wrong airplane and trading it in 6 months for what you really need.

No offense but you're all over the place here. You've acknowledged suggestions from TBM to Hawker. It may be worth a short meeting or phone call to narrow down this new owner's needs and wants and not waste him time with a spreadsheet of 15 different airplanes.

By the way, no, I am not a CdD employee but just giving my advice to an RJ guy that might not have had a lot of exposure to this side of the aviation coin. Enjoy the ride, whatever it is.

I have a couple of buddies that work in aircraft acquisition that are helping me. None of the suggestions on here were ones I hadn't already thought of on my own. I dont fly corporate so I dont get exposed to the various corporate aircraft and their real world numbers. Of all my buddies that fly corporate I have one that has lots of king air time, one that has lots of CJ2 time and one that has lots of LJ45 time. All I would be getting for the others is book numbers, which dont mean a whole lot in the real world, as this thread has shown.

I am not saying C&D doesnt provide a good service, but I have a feeling they would come back at me with the same list I already have made. I can do the math on the various cost aspects of the aircraft by talking to operators of them, which is exactly what C&D does.

Just because somebody suggests something doesnt mean I am heeding that suggestion.

I have never seen any aircraft deal happen as described on the pilot clown boards.

I mean, the collective braintrust here has you looking at single engine prop planes and 45 year old car part hauling Falcons whose next stop is a mexican junkyard....lol.

They will study the for sale rage like they are actually buying something, will quote C&D data like its gold, or (most likely) simply insist what they fly is the best.

Pure entertainment.

They will study the for sale rage like they are actually buying something, will quote C&D data like its gold, or (most likely) simply insist what they fly is the best.Pure entertainment.
However having been there done that, if it is the best and too expensive, they may tire of their expensive toy. This may particuarily true of a new entrant to the corp airplane market. Just thoughts, that is all

I have never seen any aircraft deal happen as described on the pilot clown boards.

I mean, the collective braintrust here has you looking at single engine prop planes and 45 year old car part hauling Falcons whose next stop is a mexican junkyard....lol.

They will study the for sale rage like they are actually buying something, will quote C&D data like its gold, or (most likely) simply insist what they fly is the best.

Pure entertainment.
What?!? You don't trust the accumulated knowledge of the all-knowing, all-powerful Oz, er I mean, Forums?!? Blasphemy!!!!!

King Air 350! Does everything you want it to. Much bigger cabin then all the little jets you've mentioned, has the range, DOC and fuel burns. Ton of them on the market well under $4-5 million!!

Latest resources

Back