Recent FedEx meet/greet anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rez O. Lewshun said:
So did the union protect his job or not? I am confused. Oh, you want instanteous gratifiaction in the legal system...... Maybe a drive thru court system. Order a #3 combo legal special....suprsize!

Maybe you shouldn't a thorn is managements side. Don't take that the wrong way... It is all political. And one has to learn to choose his battles and realize what he can win and can't, even if he is right....

This is all about the life isn't fair...something mama should of taught along time ago.

My point was that union or not, he still lost his job for a period of three years and never received back pay. Three years is a long time at his rate of pay since he was very senior. Do I think that things happen right away in the union grievance system? Nope. I am just saying that if people decide to take this route, they need to think of the consequences they might face.

I thought the threat read: "FedEx meet/greet anyone?

Going back to the main topic, Does anyone knows what kind of questions they are asking on the meet & greets?

Thanks...

Any idea of how long ago people who are interviewing now had they're M&G? Is the average time decreasing? Is the interviewing rate being affected by the Bid/training dates?
Anybody with M&Gs at ANC get an interview call recently?

Cheers!

Resume Writer said:
My point was that union or not, he still lost his job for a period of three years and never received back pay. Three years is a long time at his rate of pay since he was very senior. Do I think that things happen right away in the union grievance system? Nope. I am just saying that if people decide to take this route, they need to think of the consequences they might face.

And my point is you are clearly anti union. You have bashed ALPA staff salaries in the past without merit and a proper understanding of how the system works. Your post on this thread is clearly anti union. But now that you have sandbagged, I really don't see the issue with unions in your posts on this thread....

Rez O. Lewshun said:
And my point is you are clearly anti union. You have bashed ALPA staff salaries in the past without merit and a proper understanding of how the system works. Your post on this thread is clearly anti union. But now that you have sandbagged, I really don't see the issue with unions in your posts on this thread....

What are you talking about? I was a union employee for seven years. As for how the system works, trust me, I have personal experience. I sat on the Local LEC for two years when the union first came on property as the Newsletter Producer, before there was a formal communications committee.

My post is not anti-union - it is about using common sense. When have I bashed ALPA staff salaries? Help me out here....

malterf15 said:
Any idea of how long ago people who are interviewing now had they're M&G? Is the average time decreasing? Is the interviewing rate being affected by the Bid/training dates?
Anybody with M&Gs at ANC get an interview call recently?

Cheers!

Did my M&G in MEM in the first week of April. Still no word. I hear it should at least be 2 months so I'm not expecting anything til at least June.

Ace McCoy said:
Did my M&G in MEM in the first week of April. Still no word. I hear it should at least be 2 months so I'm not expecting anything til at least June.

Don't hold your breath on the 2 month deal either. It could take several. The process is so convoluted that it is backed up pretty good.

Maybe it will happen quicker, but I would be ready to wait patiently through the summer.

Good luck.

FJ

Resume Writer said:
What are you talking about? I was a union employee for seven years. As for how the system works, trust me, I have personal experience. I sat on the Local LEC for two years when the union first came on property as the Newsletter Producer, before there was a formal communications committee.

My post is not anti-union - it is about using common sense. When have I bashed ALPA staff salaries? Help me out here....

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=53627

On 05-04-2005 at 23:21 you wrote.....

Resume Writer said:
I think this is unreal! There really is not a lot line pilots can do except vote out a union, which is a huge task and will never happen.

I just got done doing a resume for a Vice President of Tax for a $1 billion company. He has his J.D., his Legal Letters Masters, and was recruited to a company to figure out the best way to merge the company with another without huge tax implications. He has to abide by Sarbanes-Oxley legislation for reporting (part of the trickle done from the Enron scandal) or can be indicted, had to perform due diligence on the merging company - it goes on with the amount of responsibility he has in his current job.

Wanna know his salary? $190,000 a year.

Yet, there are titles on that ALPA list that one could never decipher what they do.

Perhaps an answer to this would be for the membership as a whole to have these individuals justify their salary. Maybe there could be a movement to pay them based upon performance. (I know, a novel concept)

If you all want things to change, then you need to organize the membership. Get petitions signed - do whatever is necessary. It might take some time, but it probably could be done.

JMHO,
Kathy

Twelve hours later on 05-05-2005 at 11:11 you wrote.....

Resume Writer said:
Now, first let me state that I am VERY well-versed in salaries. I have worked with executives in my business for 18 years. I can assure you that I have not come across ONE Director of HR that makes $183k per year that directs the HR efforts of about 200-500 people (taking a guess at the total staff of ALPA).

Typical salary range for this position is anywhere from about $90k - $145k depending on location. Remember, these are individuals directing the hiring, benefits and compensation for multi-billion dollar corporations with THOUSANDS of employees.

On to the "Sr. Contract Administrators." Now, I understand that there are probably many of these for every airline ALPA represents. However, what do they do? Once a contract is ratified, the people dealing with the grievances are usually the Grievance Chairs at the MEC or LEC level. What exactly are they "administrating?" If there are legal problems as a result of those grievances, then the attorneys are called in.

Then, let's look at all the attorneys. My favorite is the "supervisor legal" and then "legal supervisor." Is there a difference in job titles? Exactly why does ALPA need all these lawyers? Believe me, I understand the need for attorneys to represent all of the different airlines. But the salaries are very high. I gave the example last night of the VP of Tax for a $1 billion corporation. Want to know how many "assistants" he had? He has ONE attorney under him and a paralegal!! Believe me, there are a lot more "ramifications" to him dealing with corporate taxation then there are to the ALPA attorneys.

What exactly is a Dir Representative? It must be an important job, because they sure are paid a tidy sum!

I am not here to start a war with you, Rez, but give me a break! How many pilots have lost their pensions? Where were the attorneys and contract administrators then?

I think the pilots need to get together and hire an outside consultant, just like corporations do, to perform a "position audit" and recommend cutting positions that are redundant or to "right-size" the salaries. Some of these people make more money than airline CEOs.

Stepping off my soap box now....

Kathy

When it comes down to me trying to make it in this industry, ALPA, for all its faults, is all I got. No one else is intrested in whether I succeed let alone prosper. My wife may not be perfect and neither are my kids, but they are mine. So is my union. Instead of whining about ALPA I do my best to make it better, whether that is passive or active. It is a shame that you trash ALPA after you were a union employee for seven years and did LEC work. Your posts are insulting.....

Fedex Meet and Greet Info

Since this thread started out about Fedex Meet and Greets...

I recently spoke to one of the ACPs and inquired about the current M&G process. He told me that they are currently retooling it. Last time they opened the "window" there were so many phone calls and guys standing in line that it was unmanageable. According to this ACP, the new process will kick in in about two months. It will involve a longer window to get your package to the ACP and some sort of review process to decide who actually gets a face to face meeting. No M&G's until then. Of course, I suppose people very close to senior personnel in the ACP office will always be able to get some face time. This ACP also told me that the pool contained around 200 guys which should satisfy hiring requirements through the end of the year.

For what it's worth...

Latest resources

Back