• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Recent FedEx meet/greet anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did my M&G in MEM in the first week of April. Still no word. I hear it should at least be 2 months so I'm not expecting anything til at least June.

You guys should consider yourself very lucky if it only takes two months, or even 4. It took me TEN months from Grip n Grin to the call for the interview (this was just last year). The average wait time for calls in my interview group was 6 months.

If it's down to just two, they've made some real improvements. Let's hope so.

reddog said:
Since this thread started out about Fedex Meet and Greets...

He told me that they are currently retooling it...It will involve...some sort of review process to decide who actually gets a face to face meeting...pool contained around 200 guys which should satisfy hiring requirements through the end of the year.

OK. So now you need all the requirements, a sponsor and 11 letters of rec. Plus a "meet and Greet" for your paperwork to determine whether or not you get an Official "Grip-n-Grin" to determine whether or not you get an interview to determine whether or not you get a slot in the pool to determine whether or not you get a class date, at which time we may or may not send you to ANC as an MD11 F/O based on whether or not we think your flight time is worthwhile! Yee ha!!!!!!

Hey Albie, can I send my paperwork to you for one of your seminars? It's a little nervous about it's "review session" and wants to get some pointers on how to lay on a desk properly. Also needs to know what will make it come across as confident and not cocky paperwork. And between you and me, I think it has a bit of an inferiority complex due to all the mil paperwork it's competing with.

Last edited:
Quiet Flight said:
Hey Albie, can I send my paperwork to you for one of your seminars? It's a little nervous about it's "review session" and wants to get some pointers on how to lay on a desk properly. Also needs to know what will make it come across as confident and not cocky paperwork. And between you and me, I think it has a bit of an inferiority complex due to all the mil paperwork it's competing with.

Just use the MIL designation for the aircraft your fly... then your paperwork will Shine....

For example.. if you fly a Cessna 172 put down T-41. If you fly a DC-9, put down C-9. DC-8 is a C-24. B737= T-43. BE-1900 = UC-12J

Of course F-16 time is simply the best... and that is all MIL baby...

Rez O. Lewshun said:
http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=53627When it comes down to me trying to make it in this industry, ALPA, for all its faults, is all I got. No one else is intrested in whether I succeed let alone prosper. My wife may not be perfect and neither are my kids, but they are mine. So is my union. Instead of whining about ALPA I do my best to make it better, whether that is passive or active. It is a shame that you trash ALPA after you were a union employee for seven years and did LEC work. Your posts are insulting.....

How is it bashing ALPA to have them justify the salaries that they make which YOU are paying for out of your paycheck? If I were paying them the kind of money that pilots pay, I would certainly want to know where my money was going. All ALPA pilots are essentially "stockholders" in the "ALPA" corporation. Do you really think that regular stockholders in public corporations do not "question" how the executives are spending their money?

Do unions work if people question things that are happening? Yes, they sure do. We had an MEC Officer that was doing some shady stuff, and he promptly resigned his position after the membership started a recall effort. My point in the post you referred to was that you can make things change.

I think you have totally misread my comments as bashing ALPA. That was not my point. My point at the beginning of this thread is to not think that ALPA, or any other union for that matter, can keep you from getting fired. If a company wants to fire you, they will take the gamble that they will win or that you will not take it through the grievance process. I am not pro-management - quite the contrary. But I am telling you from first-hand experience how management operates.

Did my union do great things for me on a personal level? Yes, they did, and for that I am grateful. I am still friends with all the MEC Officers at my old airline, and I have not worked there for four years. In fact, the President of our MEC called me last week to help a flight attendant with her resume who had been terminated. I helped this woman out at no charge to her or the union because of the help that AFA provided to me.

So, please do not interpret my comments as "anti-union" because that is very far from the truth.

Ace McCoy said:
Did my M&G in MEM in the first week of April. Still no word. I hear it should at least be 2 months so I'm not expecting anything til at least June.
Did mine the 1st week of Sep....... 8 mos. now and counting. 5 letters of rec. with a sponsor who checks monthly.

Good Luck!

Resume Writer said:
How is it bashing ALPA to have them justify the salaries that they make which YOU are paying for out of your paycheck? If I were paying them the kind of money that pilots pay, I would certainly want to know where my money was going. All ALPA pilots are essentially "stockholders" in the "ALPA" corporation. Do you really think that regular stockholders in public corporations do not "question" how the executives are spending their money?

Do unions work if people question things that are happening? Yes, they sure do. We had an MEC Officer that was doing some shady stuff, and he promptly resigned his position after the membership started a recall effort. My point in the post you referred to was that you can make things change. .

Why should those ALPA staffers have to justify thier salaries in the first place to you or any other ALPA member..... And let's keep it within context here. These ALPA salaries include the value of benefits which raises the final value...on a moniker message board designed to flame.

If the salary issue was real, then it would be addressed properly. Within the organzational and representational structure of ALPA. Not on this message board

This is not a due dilegence/pragmatic application to understand the salaries and call them into question....

It is simply a street gang of mindless thug masses accepting data at face value. And you are a part of that....

Nobody had a problem with ALPA slaraies when UAL2000 and DAL2001 was negotiated. Why should staff salaries take a hit? Are they working less in these tough times? Especially when they have been working harder than ever to keep managment in check form thier efforts to totally destroy pilot labor.

Funny how you people allow yourselves to get caught up in an issue. If it was really important why wait for flightinfo to inform you in the issue. Or is this your info source?

Just becuase it is on Flight info and just becuase it is on an (anti-union) website, doesn't mean it is unbiased true information.....

Can you think objectively or do you jump on any bandwagan that comes along?

Your second paragraph clearly defines your intent... You try and link ALPA staff salaries with an MEC chairman conducting shady stuff. There is no connection between hard working and dedicated ALPA staffers who have rightfully, legally and fairly negotiated their wage and a corrupt MEC chairman. The fact that you try and connect the two says more about you than any ALPA staffer....

By the way, another group of workers who rightfully, legally and fairly negotiated their wage are Air Line Pilots.... Shall we question those wages too?

Last edited:
No matter what I say, Rez, you are going to twist my words. As for questioning pilot salaries - there is a clear definition of what the pilot job is - unlike the positions that I alluded to in the post you decided to dig up. I guess you are now suggesting that I am an ALPA hater AND a pilot hater. :rolleyes: Whatever - I am done explaining myself to you.

Res....

Dude...your really comming off as an A-hole...

Do you work for FDX?

What other screen names do you have?

Echopapa said:
Res....

Dude...your really comming off as an A-hole...

Do you work for FDX?

What other screen names do you have?

I agree that I may be comming off bad..... however, my issue is the lack of information and understanding of how the issues work. I believe in this profession and I want it to be around for decades....

When smart, educated professionals that can operate high performance jets, seem to not get it when it comes to career effectiveness, I take issue...

Probably my delivery is wrong and that is my fault cause I don't know a better way... I'm working on it....

No

None

I have a sponsor and two emp. referals and I still can't get the meat and greet. If your not lucky enough to have several friends there how the hell do you get in? Or do you ever? Is the three emp referals set in stone?

Latest resources

Back