• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Recent Cathay interview invite

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Took me almost two years to get an invite for the first interview in NYC. First round went well and I am headed for the second round in HKG next week.

How does one apply? Where can I find there qualification requirments?

Cpt. Underpants,
Do you know if they are conducting interviews in the US at the moment? I met with Cathay at the fair in ATL and was told I would get an invite. Just curious if you had any input for a wannabe.

They are conducting interviews in the states. I have 3 buds going to the next one in San Fran.

Hi!

I know a guy who had his 1st interview stateside. He decided against going to the 2nd interview in HK, as he decided HK wasn't for him.

cliff
YIP

Are people here applying for positions on the freighter fleet (FOs 400Fs) or the pax fleet (SO initially and later FO)?

For those applying to the freighter fleet, do you expect to move over to the pax fleet at some point are do you want to stay on the freighter fleet and keep your US domicile? I can understand why some people might not be keen on moving to HKG for a few years...

As of now, all FO's have to spend 3 years on the freighter before you can cross bid to the pax fleet. They do have pax bases in the states but you could end up in HK. As for me, I am off for my second interview in HK and if hired I'll evaluate if I want to bid pax ops or stay freighter. Pay is better in Pax ops so there is an incentive to go over.

We have guys flying past 60 on the freighter right now.

55 is the PAX retirement unles you are a check and trainer or unless you go to the freighter fleet.

Everyone thinks it will change very soon.

cheers

Latest resources

Back