• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Recent Cathay interview invite

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the input. I saw their mins but thought I'd check anyway. If hired as an SO / FO, do you start in HK or do they ever start new guys elswere such as ANC?

Yes I had an FAA issued ATP. I met the minimums but no PIC time in airliners.

Mayday

I currently have 3800tt and 2500RJ 0 Pic. I was invited to interview in Vancouver in May for a DEFO. I applied in Dec. You never know.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but one of the CX DEFO requirements is either 1000 Transport Jet, or 1000 Heavy turboprops (>43000 LBs). 1900s are harder to fly than many jets and turboprops, but I don't think it counts for this exercise. I, too, am waiting by the phone. 3800TT, 1000 737NG ETOPs SIC, 850 DHC8 PIC, 2600 Turbine. I don't think I'm competitive either for DEFO.

Hi!

The RJ is a Transport Category jet, so your 2500 is well over the 1000 hour requirement.

cliff
yIP

Thanks for the input. I saw their mins but thought I'd check anyway. If hired as an SO / FO, do you start in HK or do they ever start new guys elswere such as ANC?

As an SO you will be in Hong Kong for at least a year. As an FO you could be based just about anywhere in North America. LAX and JFK are probably the easiest to get right now. ATL, SFO, ORD, YVR, and ANC are all possibities.

DFW and MIA maybe in the future.

Latest resources

Back