• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Recent Cathay interview invite

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
After cancelling my 5 dec interview (I had to be in ground school for the Cargo360/Southern merger) I was suprised to get re-invited in Feb for an April interview. I'll post a trip report when complete.
6500TT, 1400hrs 747, 300hrs 747 PIC, MIL, etc...

So what are the chances of getting hired as FO or any thing of the likes and being based in ANC? 3700TT, 1500 T,Turbine (400 PIC and counting. BE1900) I know this might be a long shot but would like some mature advice from you guys please. I have read a whole lot of good about this company and would really like to get on with them in the foreseeable future. Thanks.

I would say without medium jet (737/757/919/MD8*/A320) time, it's a long shot as a DEFO. I would even say you're on the lower end of S/O competitive limits, but hey, you never know.

So what are the chances of getting hired as FO or any thing of the likes and being based in ANC? 3700TT, 1500 T,Turbine (400 PIC and counting. BE1900) I know this might be a long shot but would like some mature advice from you guys please. I have read a whole lot of good about this company and would really like to get on with them in the foreseeable future. Thanks.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but one of the CX DEFO requirements is either 1000 Transport Jet, or 1000 Heavy turboprops (>43000 LBs). 1900s are harder to fly than many jets and turboprops, but I don't think it counts for this exercise. I, too, am waiting by the phone. 3800TT, 1000 737NG ETOPs SIC, 850 DHC8 PIC, 2600 Turbine. I don't think I'm competitive either for DEFO.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but one of the CX DEFO requirements is either 1000 Transport Jet, or 1000 Heavy turboprops (>43000 LBs). 1900s are harder to fly than many jets and turboprops, but I don't think it counts for this exercise. I, too, am waiting by the phone. 3800TT, 1000 737NG ETOPs SIC, 850 DHC8 PIC, 2600 Turbine. I don't think I'm competitive either for DEFO.

You have more time and experience than I did and I got a call.

5000TT, 0 turbine PIC, 3800 jet SIC (all RJ time), current B744 FO with Cathay.

Anything is possible, just apply and see what happens.

Mayday

Latest resources

Back