Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BigPappa

Name is Mitch Buchannon
Has anyone gotten a call in the last month for an interview with Cathay Pacific? Did anyone attend the Air Inc fair in ATL and get called yet? Wonder when they will start with the next round of interviews in the USA.

Cathay

I interviewed in SFO on the 13th of June and found out today that I was selected for phase 2 in Hong Kong. Septmenber seems to be the date for the next one. I was not in ATL

hey fellas good info. i just had a question about the freighter bases. how easy/hard would it be to get ord? i just put my stuff in last week and my profile isn't correct i've actually got a lot more pic now. also wondering about how long it takes to get called? thanks.

Cathay call

Hi there,

Well it took me 4 years to get my call!! and I spoke with a few from my interviewing slots and the said the same. I don't know how easy it would be to get ORD but they seemed to indicate that all bases have openings.

cessnaxdriver,

thanks for the reply. hopefully it's not 4 years. i've heard mixed things about cathay. do you work there and if so do you like it. thanks take care.

jpeace

Hi!

Emirates needs a lot of guys, too.

cliff
YIP

Cathay invite

Hello All,

Nope I don't work their yet. I was invited for a second interview in September and it was 4 years from initial app to phone call!! I kept updating every 6 months. I have a few friends that work their and they really enjoy it. No place is perfect but they seem to be happy with QOL, Sched, and equipment. Their starting pay is higher than other majors and they have a descent retirement. I am sick of the corporate scene and I don't trust the US carriers. Not to interested in moving to the Middle East so Emirates is out. I will let you know how the second one goes.

Cessnaxdriver

cessnaxdriver,

thanks for the reply. hopefully it's not 4 years. i've heard mixed things about cathay. do you work there and if so do you like it. thanks take care.

jpeace

4 years?

Is 4 years typical to hear from CX? I've had an app in for about a year and was thinking they aren't interested since they haven't called - and I've been updating it about every 2 months or so. Guess I'll keep on trying. I've flown with several f/o's who have been called with apps in a lot less than 4 years - wish I could figure out the secret.

What will happen with the retirement age since the rest of the world seems to be going to 65?

Thanks to the CX guys with all the good info.

I got a call one month after applying. This was last June. My times were 3500 total and maybe 100Turbine PIC. Make sure you follow the instructions on the app explicitly and if you live in a base it may speed things up....thats why i think i got called so fast. good luck.

For me it was about 9 months to get the call. 3500TT, JAR ATPL as well as FAA.

Second interview August 5th-10th. Should be cool!

Latest resources

Back