Recalls at Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
missing the point

You really seem bothered by my statements I see. I can tell you are threatened yourself because you think you deserve some sort of special treatment. Well, you really don't.

You are incorrect. I don't think I or any other Comair pilot deserves "special treatment". I guess I just enjoy pointing out that your blackball threat is unfounded and misdirected as much as you enjoy making it.

Your group of pilots should have been more vocal in your support of our furloughs. You never were.

Define "your group" and explain to what extent we should have done differently. Quite a few Comair pilots called/spoke to our reps and MEC immediately and throughout the whole issue, walked in furloughed DAL pilots resumes and wrote checks to help the furlough emergency relief fund and secret santa fund. The MEC was against this, IMO because they are mostly either outright or closet supporters of the RJDC and we all know they think (or at least thought at the time) that DAL furloughs are some kind of onelist forcing leverage.

So my "group" actively did more than the ASA and CHQ groups. Those places simply hired them according to their long standing policy and their pilots had nothing to do with it. Sure the ASA MEC may have been "consulted" as a heads up, but it was never their decision to make. Hiring the ASA and CHQ MEC's with preference may be appropriate, but I just don't see how blackballing all Comair pilots (except interns, fasttracks, sons/daughters and mil buddies...they of course will still get hired regardless of your efforts and you know it) makes any sense.

So lets say you were exclusively in charge of hiring. You have 2 apps for one position. One is an ASA pilot who you know for a fact did nothing but sit back and watch (not actively helped) and is an RJDC supporter. The other is a Comair pilot who called and talked to status reps, walked in resumes, wrote checks to help your furloughs, and is not part of the RJDC. Who do you hire?

You really didn't offer squat, and the ASA and CHQ guys came through, BECAUSE IT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO. You can't seem to understand that.

There are plenty of ASA and CHQ pilots who "didn't do squat" and many Comair pilots who tried their best. You don't think there is a difference and I disagree. Don't forget, you owe JB pilots big time, because they "stepped up to the plate" and made sure many DAL furloughs got hired (into higher paying jobs than ASA) and that, too, should "be remembered."

Last edited:
General Lee said:
Acutally, greenslips HELP Delta because those flights will fliy regardless, and greenslips are time and a HALF, while inverse assignments (getting guys in the jetway or on the phone at home) actually pays double time.

Time and a half for make-up and DOUBLE time for involuntary reassignments? Next you'll tell me you have trip guarantee (pay protection for cnx) too!

Unit
All straight time for us and zero trip guarantee...

180ToTheMarker said:
If Citrus doesn't hire all of us first :)

If you want that, then go for it!

Bye Bye--General Lee

P38JLightning said:
You really seem bothered by my statements I see. I can tell you are threatened yourself because you think you deserve some sort of special treatment. Well, you really don't.

You are incorrect. I don't think I or any other Comair pilot deserves "special treatment". I guess I just enjoy pointing out that your blackball threat is unfounded and misdirected as much as you enjoy making it.

Your group of pilots should have been more vocal in your support of our furloughs. You never were.

Define "your group" and explain to what extent we should have done differently. Quite a few Comair pilots called/spoke to our reps and MEC immediately and throughout the whole issue, walked in furloughed DAL pilots resumes and wrote checks to help the furlough emergency relief fund and secret santa fund. The MEC was against this, IMO because they are mostly either outright or closet supporters of the RJDC and we all know they think (or at least thought at the time) that DAL furloughs are some kind of onelist forcing leverage.

So my "group" actively did more than the ASA and CHQ groups. Those places simply hired them according to their long standing policy and their pilots had nothing to do with it. Sure the ASA MEC may have been "consulted" as a heads up, but it was never their decision to make. Hiring the ASA and CHQ MEC's with preference may be appropriate, but I just don't see how blackballing all Comair pilots (except interns, fasttracks, sons/daughters and mil buddies...they of course will still get hired regardless of your efforts and you know it) makes any sense.

So lets say you were exclusively in charge of hiring. You have 2 apps for one position. One is an ASA pilot who you know for a fact did nothing but sit back and watch (not actively helped) and is an RJDC supporter. The other is a Comair pilot who called and talked to status reps, walked in resumes, wrote checks to help your furloughs, and is not part of the RJDC. Who do you hire?

You really didn't offer squat, and the ASA and CHQ guys came through, BECAUSE IT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO. You can't seem to understand that.

There are plenty of ASA and CHQ pilots who "didn't do squat" and many Comair pilots who tried their best. You don't think there is a difference and I disagree. Don't forget, you owe JB pilots big time, because they "stepped up to the plate" and made sure many DAL furloughs got hired (into higher paying jobs than ASA) and that, too, should "be remembered."

Look, this is really simple, and you are making it complex. When it comes down to it, the ASA and CHQ pilot groups did not oppose the help of our furloughs, allowing them to have a job offer without losing their number at Delta. Comair, on the other hand, was different. I know that the Comair pilots did not have the ability to change their management's rule, but at the same time they never really vocally opposed that same rule. Most of the Comair people on this forum and those out there on jumpseats stated that it was too expensive to train our people (even though DL would have ultimately footed the bill) and then have them leave, or it just wouldn't be fair to the other furloughed newhires from other airlines (too bad, DL owns Comair), etc..... Too many excuses and not enough "hey, these guys are in a time of need and maybe we should try to help them out." There was a lack of compassion there, and Lawson wanted more 70 seaters in return and was vocal about that. That was a SLAP in the face to many of our people that were in need. And, I am not the only person who feels that way. Everyone over here knew that Comair wasn't helping our furloughs, and this was after a lot of our people wrote checks (along with everyone else at ALPA) to help you guys out. That was fresh in our minds, and the negative press sure doesn't help. So, I would like to stress again that some Comair pilots probably will be hired in the future. Great. But, I will personally go to the employment center when we eventually start hiring again someday and I will voice my opinion to the powers at large who will do the hiring, and I am sure I won't be the only one. What is wrong with me WANTING TO HELP HIRE AS MANY ASA AND CHQ PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE? Note please that my statement doesn't say anything about Comair or it's pilots. Have a great one.

Bye Bye--General Lee

P38...you need to relax. Don't be making statements about another companies pilots (with regards to donations etc.) without having all of the facts! I donated and I work for ASA! Your comment that we just sat back and watched while the "almighty Comair pilots" did everything in their power makes me want to PUKE! By the way...NICE VOTE! Thanks for the Knife in the back....MY sticker is in the mail back to you!

Delta guys...I hope that all of the furloughs are back online ASAP!! I don't wish that situation on anyone!
General...I look forward to meeting you in the "Widget City Employment Office!"
...everybody freeze...everyone down on the ground!

Tomct said:
Delta guys...I hope that all of the furloughs are back online ASAP!! I don't wish that situation on anyone!
General...I look forward to meeting you in the "Widget City Employment Office!"
...everybody freeze...everyone down on the ground!

Tomct,

I hope we get those furloughs back quick and we do start hiring again someday soon. If it were up to me (and I will see what I can do about that) I would stick all of the ASA and CHQ guys in the front of the line..... It may be awhile, though. Thanks for your support of our furloughed pilots.

Bye Bye---General Lee

So my "group" actively did more than the ASA and CHQ groups. Those places simply hired them according to their long standing policy and their pilots had nothing to do with it. Sure the ASA MEC may have been "consulted" as a heads up, but it was never their decision to make.

You know, I have heard this several times, but it is just plain wrong. I was approached by the Dallas LEC and talked with the ATL LEC and both said the same thing. They asked what my thoughts were if we were to hire furloughed Delta pilots. Both were getting opinions to pass on to management through our MEC. The way I took it is that we could have stopped the hiring if we felt that was something we wanted to do. We had no clue of what Comairs stance on this would be.

I can unequivocally remember the posts on this and other boards by Comair pilots that stated what the General is testifying to. I also remember when Comair guys came to ATL for their expansion. That was quite comical in that they would consistently demand that they get special treatment and would not be delayed because they were Comair. You should of heard the calls on the radio. They quickly learned that technique wasn't going to work.

On a side note: I am one of the few that doesn't think Comair guys screwed anyone with their recent vote. I think they made the right decision. We have to learn when to fight our battles. I also think that they may have helped us get a Comair +1 contract sooner than we could have done on our own. Time will tell.

Tim,

I remember those quotes on this forum, and from Comair guys in the jumpseat, telling me that it was too expensive to train Delta furloughs and then allow them to go back to Delta, even though Delta was footing the bill. Ridiculous. That won't be forgotten.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back