Recalls at Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JB Bus Drvr

Had dinner last night with some crashpad buddies who fly for DL. They seem convinced that all furloughs will be recalled by the end of the year and hiring off the street by '06. Any thoughts or is this wishful thinking?

I work in the Guard with a DL fur-log and he said just last week that he was told by ALPA that he can't expect a recall until 2008. He was in one of the last 2 classes at DL. Having said that - fingers crossed for everyone that the rumor is true :)

PUKE

I'd say somewhere in between 06 and 08. No way we will all be back by the end of the year. I doubt they will even get through the 125 recalls by summer that has been advertised. It's going pretty slow... Better than nothing I guess.

Later-

They seem convinced that all furloughs will be recalled by the end of the year and hiring off the street by '06

No and No

wishful thinking and hopeful rumors, dont we all need it

Delta Furlough Update

Item 2. Recall Update:

T.K. moved up nine numbers on March 1 and is now seniority #7629.

17 Pilots returned to active status for March:

1 - Effective March 5, 2005
7 - Effective March 7, 2005
9 - Effective March 15, 2005

April
Delta sent letters to offer recall for April classes.

They plan to return ten pilots to active status on April 3, 2005 and ten on April 13, 2005.

Delta is not offering 3-yr or 5-yr PLOA as an option with this recall class and probably will not do so in the future.

May?

We haven?t received any word yet on the numbers or timing for the May classes.

We are suppose to recall 125 by the end of the year. (that was a correction from the recall coordinator, BB, at the recall reorientation class when asked how we are going to recall 125 for the summer schedule) The current LOA allows the company until 2008 to get all of the furloughee's back on property. We are going to be critically short of pilots this summer but it will even out once PBS scheduling takes effect this fall. If the schedule continues to increase then recalls will continue.

DAL M-88 FO

Right now we are limited by lack of sim time. We have so much training going on due to the recent retirements, and at the same time we don't have a lot of extra funds to buy more sim time from someone else. We have expanded our ATL schedule by 81 flights a day since Jan 31st, and that has helped bring back the above mentioned 125 recalls. Word on the street is that we will need more due to the possibility of decreasing the turn times even more on certain aircraft in ATL, requiring more pilots. Our depeaked hub system at ATL is supposedly doing well. I hope they all come back soon and TBKANE is back on the line pronto. Then we can start hiring ASA and CHQ guys......

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
he's back!

>>>>Then we can start hiring ASA and CHQ guys......

Bye Bye--General Lee

I will be very dissapointed in you if your 5000th post isn't dedicated exclusively to this very topic!

By the way, what an empty promise you are making. Delta always hired tons of ASA guys and some CHQ guys (especially ASA guys) so what you are saying is that when Delta hires off the street again, you will, as a "reward", continue to hire at or less than the normal ammount of ASA guys you have always hired. There is no way you can think you are going to take 50 a month or something.

So ASA's "reward" will be not being blackballed. Wow I bet next time Delta furloughs there will be shockwaves of fear throughout the industry as a lesson learned from this that you better take DAL furloughs or there will be hell to pay! Why, that's better than actually "spending negotiating capital" getting their jobs back, isn't it? (well on the bright side at least the class of 2004 got theirs, and you still keep your "night override" LMAO)

Oh I almost forgot to tell you that you are 100% powerless to stop the hiring of Comair pilots that are:
1. Delta interns
2. WMU "fast tracks"
3. close relatives of DAL pilots
4. other special interest groups

So your big threat will I guess only apply to line pilots, most of which are not part of the RJDC (although you will of course hire droves of ASA RJDC pilots, won't you) line pilots who in some cases lobbied extensively to get DAL furloughs here, and some who even gave money to your furloughs (yeah that's right) Yep, I guess your big lesson will reverberate throughout the industry and protect future Delta furloughs.

Green slips anyone?

P38JLightning said:
>>>>Then we can start hiring ASA and CHQ guys......

Bye Bye--General Lee

I will be very dissapointed in you if your 5000th post isn't dedicated exclusively to this very topic!

By the way, what an empty promise you are making. Delta always hired tons of ASA guys and some CHQ guys (especially ASA guys) so what you are saying is that when Delta hires off the street again, you will, as a "reward", continue to hire at or less than the normal ammount of ASA guys you have always hired. There is no way you can think you are going to take 50 a month or something.

So ASA's "reward" will be not being blackballed. Wow I bet next time Delta furloughs there will be shockwaves of fear throughout the industry as a lesson learned from this that you better take DAL furloughs or there will be hell to pay! Why, that's better than actually "spending negotiating capital" getting their jobs back, isn't it? (well on the bright side at least the class of 2004 got theirs, and you still keep your "night override" LMAO)

Oh I almost forgot to tell you that you are 100% powerless to stop the hiring of Comair pilots that are:
1. Delta interns
2. WMU "fast tracks"
3. close relatives of DAL pilots
4. other special interest groups

So your big threat will I guess only apply to line pilots, most of which are not part of the RJDC (although you will of course hire droves of ASA RJDC pilots, won't you) line pilots who in some cases lobbied extensively to get DAL furloughs here, and some who even gave money to your furloughs (yeah that's right) Yep, I guess your big lesson will reverberate throughout the industry and protect future Delta furloughs.

Green slips anyone?

Wow. Bitter, bitter, bitter. Greenslips? Yeah, because we really are short on pilots and cancelling flights now wouldn't help. Acutally, greenslips HELP Delta because those flights will fliy regardless, and greenslips are time and a HALF, while inverse assignments (getting guys in the jetway or on the phone at home) actually pays double time. So, greenslips save the company money, and allow people who want to fly to get the trip, instead of people coming off of trips that want to go home.

Also, we really have no more sim time available to call back huge amounts of recalls. We would like to, but right now we can take about 30 a month max. Thanks to about 1000 captains leaving since last May, we are jammed full of training sims right now, and that also leaves open trips to cover. We are trying to balance greenslips with recalls, and trying not to cancel flights. Also, the cap was increased on many categories from 75 hours to 81 or more hours, and greenslips do not count (time and a half) until you reach the cap, which is tougher to do now that the cap has been raised. Not many people can squeeze them in because the trips are longer.

AS far as NOT hiring Comair pilots, I never said that would happen, I just said that many of us will go straight to the hiring people when we starting hiring and DEMAND that we hire as many ASA and CHQ pilots as possible. I am sure there are plenty of Comair pilots that have Delta dads, and WMU people or interns. But, I will be on the phone CONSTANTLY and showing my FACE ALL OF THE TIME down at the employment office, giving my OPINION. It may be awhile until we hire again, we want the furloughs to come back first obviously. But, when we have everyone back and we eventually hire again, I will be there.

You really seem bothered by my statements I see. I can tell you are threatened yourself because you think you deserve some sort of special treatment. Well, you really don't. Your group of pilots should have been more vocal in your support of our furloughs. You never were. You really didn't offer squat, and the ASA and CHQ guys came through, BECAUSE IT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO. You can't seem to understand that.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back