• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Recalls at Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First off, if you weren't there then you don't know exactly what was said between our MEC's. I was not and all I've gotten is second, third or farther down knowledge of what was said or the attitude of arrogance going from one direction or the other. That being said the end game result was still the same. The furloughee's were denied the possibility of getting hired without seniority number resignation at one wholly owned while the other wholly owned welcomed them. Now people will say that was a management decision and we had nothing to do with it but it sure looks funny when JC finally agrees that Comair should hire furloughee's, after recalls began, then the company changes it's policy.

As for future hiring at Delta. It is a long way off but it will happen. When it does people are going to try and get their friends, family and people that helped them out in the hard times hired first. That is human nature. I can only talk for myself and a lot of the furloughee's that I know, when I say that if you have Comair on your resume or if it is found out that you are a member of the RJDC then it probably will be a little harder for you to get an interview. Notice I said a little harder not impossible.

When this whole situation between our MEC's wasing going full tilt, I called a buddy of mine from the Army that is at Comair and asked what was going on. He said that although he didn't overtly support JC or what he was saying or what the RJDC was saying or doing that it was a no lose situation for him. I asked why he felt that way and his answer was that if the RJDC wins the scope battle then his company will get bigger aircraft and if they lose he can always deny that he was a part of the RJDC. Same thing went for the furloughee's, it was not him it was his MEC making that decision. I told him that if we ever hired again that it probably wouldn't set well for him getting an interview to which he said he would have to roll that dice. So long story longer Comair guys/gals are going to have to live with that decision.

General,

ASA and CHQ were not the only airlines where MECs made a statement of support to hire furloughed DL pilots.

ACA's MEC made the same statement and included furloughed UAL pilots. Of course, very few were hired before we began our downward spiral -- but I wouldn't hold that against the ACA pilot group.

GogglesPisano said:
General,

ASA and CHQ were not the only airlines where MECs made a statement of support to hire furloughed DL pilots.

ACA's MEC made the same statement and included furloughed UAL pilots. Of course, very few were hired before we began our downward spiral -- but I wouldn't hold that against the ACA pilot group.

I don't, and I thank you for reminding me of that. I might not have that much pull, but I will voice my opinion when the times comes someday in the future.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back