• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Reasons I dont miss the airlines:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I could've sworn that I was told that the average net worth of NJA's owners was something like $100million........

Furthermore, foreign citizens and/or entities are not allowed to own more then 24.9% interest in the ownership of a N-Registered aircraft! Do foreign citizens and/or entities control N-Registered aircraft outside the US? Yes, they do; however, they "technically" do not own more then 24.9% interest in the aircraft. The restriction applies to permanent residents that do not hold a US citizenship as well!

IDEtoNJA

Is that a recent change? In the '90s I fully owned 2 N registered aircraft, and I wasn't even a permanent resident then.

Thats why a US Corporation owns the airplanes, not the foreigner, look up any non usa based airplane you suspect is owned by a foreigner, I bet its owned by not a person but a Inc. or LLC ....a USA corporation.

What I do not miss about the airlines....simple...the airlines. They SUCK! It sucked when I was there and it sucked today when both my flights were late. The terminal is close to being a greyhound terminal..

It sucks! (the pilots dont...) Just the whole sh!tty business....

To All,

If you had lots of money and could buy into a turn key operation with a fixed or nearly fixed cost...would you put your family friends on an airline? That is the 50 million dollar question.

Been doing this (fracs) 12 + years and owners seem happy with overall product...and yes I know why I am here... I know what all those buttons are for and I keep the pointy end faceing in the right direction.

Have a Happy!

Airlines have been going out of business since airplanes were invented. It happens all the time. My list of former employers fits right in, TransCon, TransAmerican, Air Michigan, Zantop

Latest resources

Back