really stupid question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CAVOK69

i was hired to manage/fly 2 different jets... only guy here. my company wants to know what my title should be.
Do i say Pilot, Chief pilot, director of flight ops ... or ultimate bitch???

My company named me Flight and Operations Coordinator. Its a fancy title for ferry pilot, airplane cleaner, and office biotch. I allow you to borrow my title.

Have them refer to you as "The Man!" It's worth a shot! Then your business cards can say "CAVOK69" then underneath the name it can say, "The Man!"

CAVOK,
Definately Dir of Ops or Aviation Dept. Manager. The reason I say this is alot of companies will use industry survey information to determine your compensaiton level. (and I'm not talking about creative writing like the Pro Pilot Salary Study) Some reputable surveys include NBAA Benchmark Study and the one IBM puts out. You may want to investigate the going rate for your geographic region and size of aircraft. Good luck in your new role, Let us know what your official title is :)

thanks for the advice guys!

Is Emperor already taken? What about Sky King?

Seriously, just be careful not to upstage your boss. If you report to a VP, consider Director of Flight Ops. If your boss is a director, then Flight Dept. Manager or Aviation Manager.

i report to the prez. no vp at all

Latest resources

Back