• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

REALLY BAD news for DCI XJ&9E

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone with 18 years has already permanently passsed up the flow through. The 18 year guy you supposedly talked to does not have the flow option anymore. If the flow award comes to a pilots number and that pilot chooses not to go, the pilot can no longer flow. The top 122 Mesaba pilots are not able to flow anymore. The next pilot to flow is a 1997 hire(14 years).

It is fairly safe to assume that those hired prior to 1997 will not be going anywhere, so these top 122 Mesaba pilots who passed on the flow would most certainly be "lifers". Many others that missed the flow will be trying to leave.

Sounds good to me! And not really as ludicrous as my tongue in cheek remark might have been. The 1900 would make money on most of those sectors that are losers on the SAAB? EAS was never really intended to be flown by aircraft in the 34-seat class, and with exception of a few cities it has been a pork barrel project for politicans.
The 1900 has a viable place in the new world order of airline transportation in the United States. It is either that or "high-speed rail", but don't get me started...

Sounds good to me! And not really as ludicrous as my tongue in cheek remark might have been. The 1900 would make money on most of those sectors that are losers on the SAAB? EAS was never really intended to be flown by aircraft in the 34-seat class, and with exception of a few cities it has been a pork barrel project for politicans.
The 1900 has a viable place in the new world order of airline transportation in the United States. It is either that or "high-speed rail", but don't get me started...

I don't know of any routes that the Saab lost money on. EAS made them profitable on the routes with low yeild factors. That's why I think Delta's thinking is so strange. Of course, when you fly a CRJ 200 to Devils lake it's going to loose money. Delta could give two $hits about people in the smaller communities. All they car about is having their name on jets. That business model worked good when gas was cheap, but in my humble opinion they are missing out on a oppertunity here. It wouldn't be too hard to market props creatively.

I don't know of any routes that the Saab lost money on. EAS made them profitable on the routes with low yeild factors. That's why I think Delta's thinking is so strange. Of course, when you fly a CRJ 200 to Devils lake it's going to loose money. Delta could give two $hits about people in the smaller communities. All they car about is having their name on jets. That business model worked good when gas was cheap, but in my humble opinion they are missing out on a oppertunity here. It wouldn't be too hard to market props creatively.

Yeah, but they may be getting free feed if Lakes picks up the routes and the government pays them. I don't think it was quite free feed with us. I could be totally off base.

Yeah, but they may be getting free feed if Lakes picks up the routes and the government pays them. I don't think it was quite free feed with us. I could be totally off base.

True, but I just think Delta is sending out a strong message here. I think the average custumer is going to see it differently

What you may not be aware of Gojo, is that many of those 1900 routes get subsidized 100%. See what Kaman is getting at?

Latest resources

Back