• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Reality for Delta Helps Jetblue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Also, as for my senority, I am just under 200 off the junior 320 ca here. I figure about another 1 year and 6-8 month. Just letting you know.

Last edited:
furloughed dude said:
Longhorn,

In my opinion, it is people like you that hurt this profession. You work 84 hours a month (1000 year) and make 62k and life is great. Next year you can add about 5k to that amount, and the next you can add another 4k or so. When I left last year, A320 upgrades were running in excess of 2 years, I am sure they are 3+ these days and more like 4 years for your seniority. The captains making 150k+ are working their butts off. i don't think we need to discuss those stellar E-190 pay rates.

Your health insurance has gone up significantly, they cut out crew meals (but added a dime or so in per diem, yee-haw!). Profit sharing is non existant and stock options are a loser for everybody except the first 400 or so. Not looking too good if you ask me...

Longhorn makes $62K a year for roughly 16 days of work a month. Very few folks in America would feel sorry for a guy who makes $62K a year for working barely half of every month.

Longhorn is a quality guy at our airline and I'm privledged to work w/him. BTW, since he's upgrading on the 190 in about 6 weeks your figures are inaccurate.

So sorry you left the team. Standing by for excuses...

737 Pylt said:
OK, so let me get this straight..Its unfair when a new LCC comes in and undercuts a legacy carrier on a route, but its an "unhealthy business atmosphere" when the legacy carrier does it right back?? I thought it was just competition?!

I agree and I work for B6. Competition is competition. You either adapt to increased competition or you shrivel up and die. Hats off to Delta for putting up one hell of a fight with a top notch product. It always bothers me when terms like irrational or unfair competition are used. There ain't nothing fair or rational about this business.

Last edited:
fifty30retard said:
I agree and I work for B6. Competition is competition. You either adapt to increased competition or you shrivel up and die. Hats off to Delta for putting up one hell of a fight with a top notch product. It always bothers me when terms like irrational or unfair competition are used. There ain't nothing fair or rational about this business.

I agree. Let's keep the trash talk in the locker room and let our performance speak for itself.

Go Blue

fifty30retard said:

Thanks fifty:
It was by NO means a slam of JB! I highly respect your airline, and am envious of its increasing success in the biz. But now it seems you have fallen into the clutches of "cheap airfare." You guys deliver a quality product, no doubt, and I only wish you success. With Virgin US just around the corner, it looks as if any attempts at raising airfare to a "fair and respectable price" is highly unlikely!
regards,

MercuryPilot said:
Very few folks in America would feel sorry for a guy who makes $62K a year for working barely half of every month.

I cant believe I just read this - from an airline pilot, no doubt. I have to explain time and time again, to my friends not in the industry that although I only went to work for 3 days, I actually spent 40 hours between flying, preflights, postlfights running to other planes, etc. So I worked the same work we they did - CRAMMED into 3 days. Very few folks in America would work 16 hour days.

fifty30retard said:
Ya know whats sad? (You gave us kudos for putting up a fight - cool.) We were running FL and the East Coast before JB even existed...and mgmt pissed it all away. People like your product. They liked Song too...and look what Delta Mgmt did to that.

Latest resources

Back