Reality for Delta Helps Jetblue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Longhorn,

In my opinion, it is people like you that hurt this profession. You work 84 hours a month (1000 year) and make 62k and life is great. Next year you can add about 5k to that amount, and the next you can add another 4k or so. When I left last year, A320 upgrades were running in excess of 2 years, I am sure they are 3+ these days and more like 4 years for your seniority. The captains making 150k+ are working their butts off. i don't think we need to discuss those stellar E-190 pay rates.

Your health insurance has gone up significantly, they cut out crew meals (but added a dime or so in per diem, yee-haw!). Profit sharing is non existant and stock options are a loser for everybody except the first 400 or so. Not looking too good if you ask me...

furloughed dude said:
Longhorn,

In my opinion, it is people like you that hurt this profession. You work 84 hours a month (1000 year) and make 62k and life is great. Next year you can add about 5k to that amount, and the next you can add another 4k or so. When I left last year, A320 upgrades were running in excess of 2 years, I am sure they are 3+ these days and more like 4 years for your seniority. The captains making 150k+ are working their butts off. i don't think we need to discuss those stellar E-190 pay rates.

Your health insurance has gone up significantly, they cut out crew meals (but added a dime or so in per diem, yee-haw!). Profit sharing is non existant and stock options are a loser for everybody except the first 400 or so. Not looking too good if you ask me...

Sounds like the American dream!!!

Almost as much of a dream as daddy paying for you to fly at Gulfstream, go back to the regional board, you barely belong there.

Uppercrust said:
Sounds like the American dream!!!

Almost as much of a dream as daddy paying for you to fly at Gulfstream, go back to the regional board, you barely belong there.

furloughed dude said:
Longhorn,

Sounds as if you made the wrong choice to me, and you must be a hypocrite as well seeing as you by your own standard were hurting the profession two years ago. Hello pot....:erm:

Elag,

I left after they announced the 190 rates, or rather sent a DHL package to us which informed us of the rates...

I knew then it was time to split. The job has certainly become much less desirable, with zero profit sharing, worthless stock options, and CRJ rates for a 100 seat aircraft. Not to mention ever increasing health care costs.

I wonder how many people are losing their butts on CSPP (do you really think the rampers/flight attendants, etc, unload their stock at 15%?) This is sounding more and more like People Express.

furloughed dude said:
Elag,

I left after they announced the 190 rates, or rather sent a DHL package to us which informed us of the rates...

I knew then it was time to split. The job has certainly become much less desirable, with zero profit sharing, worthless stock options, and CRJ rates for a 100 seat aircraft. Not to mention ever increasing health care costs.

I wonder how many people are losing their butts on CSPP (do you really think the rampers/flight attendants, etc, unload their stock at 15%?) This is sounding more and more like People Express.

furloughed dude:

first of all...congrats for leaving b6...or should i say congrats to b6?

now let me see, would you have liked to get on with SWA when they were only 6 years old? Were they making industry "leading" wages then? where would you be if you got on with SWA during their first 5-6 years and were retiring these days? hmmmmm...probably pretty good i would imagine.

do you really think that b6 will get away with emb 190 pay rates IF they can make a profit? if you do, then your parents should demand a refund for the money they spent on your college education. business management 101! you went to college...right?

b6 has lots of problems...growing problems to be specific. one thing is for certain...they offer the best product around, and if/when the yield environment ever improves, there stock and all the cspp'ss that you mention will do just fine...don't you worry!

Guys..and uppercrust, lol

My point was that the rumors of how bad our pay is, us bringing the standards down just gets old. I am sorry if you feel that I am part of the problem. I paid alpa dues for 6 years, worked hard for a regional and saw the crappy pay that came along with both not to mention what alpa did for me..nothing (ok pcl_128, chime in :). I do think that down the road the rates on the 190 need to be looked at again, and I think the company will do that. Starting pay at the majors even before 911 was in the mid 30's to 40's. Yes, the pay went up quite a bit after the first few years but it was hardly any better than ours for the first few. I just think that its funny that so many people blame us for their airlines problems. We are all in the same mess together. I have been posting on this board for 5 years now and have managed to avoid upsetting anybody in that time. I guess that streak had to break eventually. Oh Well :-(

FDJ2 said:
That's funny. JBLU has operated at a loss for all of 2005 even with sweet heart deals and pilots who came in at less than half the industry standard wage and benefit rates, necesitating draconian cuts on the airlines that built this profession, and now your complaining about DAL. Let me tell you sport, JBLU has much larger problems coming down the road.

Good goes around.

Weren't you the fellow who was argueing with me about Song being profitable couple months back? Apologies if I am wrong.

Latest resources

Back