• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Reality Check for NetJets Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Niteflyr, please don't put words into my mouth...:)...I have no problem speaking for myself. That said, I will now explain "exactly" what I meant by having exchanges....

That comment was made in my post about what I deem as disheartening in this TA/MEC situation. I have had phone conversations and emails from other wives who have contacted me in their desire to share their viewpoint and persuade me to change my own. Their fear of dire results if we rock the boat rendered their argument inconsistant and irrational. It WAS a disheartening exchange. I certainly don't believe those women are "worthless", in fact I respect them for being willing to speak up. I continue to send them supportive emails of a general nature, individually and thru the wives board.

In my gateway calls, I have spoken to several senior pilots nearing retirement, their votes don't surprise me, even though I wish they had more faith that things will work out for the good of the majority. I still invite them to our gateway functions and feel no animosity towards them. Indeed, I wouldn't want to be in their positions; I find it disheartening. On the other hand, we have an older pilot in our area that is retiring next month, and abstained from the vote because it "wasn't his fight". I have great respect for his selfless position.

By now I have seen a broad spectrum of opinions, some of which I do characterize as based on fear (a position I can't imagine myself being in) or selfishness (a temptation I'm glad I don't have to face). Are those people worthless? Not in my book.

As the original poster to this thread, I only wanted to have a valid and justifiable discussion on the NJA TA. However, after 1 1/2 months, 10,456 views and 190 posts later.......I tuly believe the thread title should be changed.

Reality Check for NetJetWife!!!!

.......anyone care to second this motion????

Sorry guys, you've both been trumped by yet ANOTHER supportive private message (what great timing, K!)...and that is from this board....now if we count those posts and PMs from the SU/ASAP board....AND...factor in the support I receive from the wives board.....providing , of course that you allow women to vote.....(looking thru my mail bag)....no problem, I have enough votes from the pilots alone. MOTION DENIED! :)

PS Thanks for the thrill of seeing my name in print like that...LOL.. I'm flattered!

Last edited:
"PS Thanks for the thrill of seeing my name in print like that...LOL.. I'm flattered"!

Well, that just about says it all.

Last edited:
PseudoName said:
Really? I understand that NetJet pilots want 5 year Captain pay to be around 100K and F/O pay starting around 40K. In order to provide an aircraft with a full crew, that would mean NetJets would be paying a minimum of 280K in crew salaries for each aircraft (7/7 schedule, 2 Capts @ 100K ea, 2 F/Os @ 40K ea to cover the airplane = 280K).

Normal crew compliments for business aircraft is 3 pilots per airplane....not 4! So, please tell me how the NetJets desire is not unrealistic.

So, hypothetically, PseudoName, if crew salaries were $280,000/AC, what would you expect the revenues generated by that aircraft to be? Just kind of curious..since we're talking about costs, we ought to look at revenues.

njwingman said:
So, hypothetically, PseudoName, if crew salaries were $280,000/AC, what would you expect the revenues generated by that aircraft to be? Just kind of curious..since we're talking about costs, we ought to look at revenues.
Look at revenues?? Yep, every NetJet aircraft is a money making machine. I have seen what NetJets charge the owners just to have access to fleet, not to mention the inflated hourly charge to fly on the airplane. It is INSANE!!

Go ahead, demand that your pay increase is in direct proportion to the increase in revenues since your last contract. I think we all know of a few pilot groups whose union demanded the same thing and got it. I just wish I could think which companies those pilots worked for.....hmm......oh yeah, didn't this happen at United and Delta?? Look at what is going on now with the pay scales over there, not to mention the company stability. Do you want the same thing to happen to NetJets?

I wasn't throwing rocks, Pseudoname, honest. I just wanted your opinion.

I didn't mean to imply that we should demand an increase in salaries based on increases in revenues since the last contract. What do you think the annual aircraft revenue should be in order to conservatively support $280,000 in annual salary expense?

To ask the question another way, what is the percentage of annual aircraft revenue allocated to pilot salaries at your company? I'm sincerely seeking some additional information here.

njwingman said:
I wasn't throwing rocks, Pseudoname, honest. I just wanted your opinion.

I didn't mean to imply that we should demand an increase in salaries based on increases in revenues since the last contract. What do you think the annual aircraft revenue should be in order to conservatively support $280,000 in annual salary expense?

To ask the question another way, what is the percentage of annual aircraft revenue allocated to pilot salaries at your company? I'm sincerely seeking some additional information here.
Holy Cow! I am not used to not having rocks thown at me on this board. Finally!

I wish I knew the percentage of revenue allocated to pilot salaries. All I know is that our company pays near NBAA wages (or over, depending on how good of a negotiator you are when getting hired). When they close the books at the end of the year, and there is money left over, we get a nice profit sharing check.

Latest resources

Back