Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Griz said:
This message is hidden because Les Paul is on your ignore list.</SPAN>

That makes two on my list. I don't add them when I don't agree with them. I only add them when they can't seem to stop being stupid, pointless and rude. The Yakster and this dim bulb certainly fit that mold.
The reality of the situation is this:

You CANNOT defend the ridiculous notion that Netjets or ANY Fractional can have a solid business plan in place if they pay all their LITTLE bizjet pilots $100,000 PLUS a year to work 7 on 7 off!

That is absurd.

Go ahead and justify it all you want. I'm not saying the work is easy. I'm not saying they are OVERPAID. I think $28,000 is pitiful. I just think that the payscale they threw at you is WORKABLE.

And you don't like it, and can't justify it, and I'm the bad guy. Yeah right..

Oh... and the 540 or 560 "man" hours or days equation that someone quoted is pure B.S.! Are you kidding me.... "man hours..."!

Waaahhh!

Welcome to the wonderful world of aviation little boy...

Les Paul

Oops... I forgot.. you can't hear me. That right.. close your eyes and the bad man will go away!!! LOLOLOL!!!

Last edited:
LOLOLOL!!

As soon as I made my post and my name showed upon the thread.... "ENGLISH" who claims to be ignoring me raced over and clicked on the thread to read. She just is waiting for me to light in on her.

Don't worry sweetie... your secret is safe with me.

It would just be nice if you would admit that you watch every word I type...

LOL!

Les Paul

Geez,

Here's the scoop & the reason I'm here (other than running shotgun for netjetwife):

For anyone interested in working for Netjets....JUST SAY NO!

In the meantime, a new MEC will be going in to twist some arms till someone yells "uncle" Warren.

More money and better work rules will be fought for, along with better Scope, no CVR for discipline, and a ton of other shiz.

We'll give y'all a "thumbs up" when the coast is clear, and THEN it would probably be prudent to apply at Netjets...

Can't we all just get along?...sniff..

im still sikntired

Ok people, I will only say this once so get out a pen and paper and write it down so you can review it every night before you go to bed.

"You do not get paid what you are worth. You get paid what you NEGOTIATE."

That is the bottom line. The company negotiators job is to spend as little as possible. If your negotiators failed to get what you consider a fair deal then vote it down and try again. Sitting on this board and talking about what you think you are worth or what OTHERS get paid is simply a waste of time.

My .02

DougCorp-9 said:
Ok people, I will only say this once so get out a pen and paper and write it down so you can review it every night before you go to bed.

"You do not get paid what you are worth. You get paid what you NEGOTIATE."

That is the bottom line. The company negotiators job is to spend as little as possible. If your negotiators failed to get what you consider a fair deal then vote it down and try again. Sitting on this board and talking about what you think you are worth or what OTHERS get paid is simply a waste of time.

My .02
EXCUSE ME! What would YOU know about OUR efforts to defeat the POS TA we got slammed with?! As my "wing man" just pointed out, we DO have a reason for posting here. Call it informational picketing, if you will. I have sent out over 150 (stopped counting a few days ago)ecards of support/information this month alone..and it isn't even over. As far as phone call go, let me just say that it's a good thing I have a flat rate long distance deal. I talk to wives AND pilots in my effort to "get out the vote"! We have started a grass-roots movement and are spreading the word. Our decision to use this board to further that goal, is NOT an indicator of the amount of time we are devoting to our cause. If you have forgotten one of the basic rules of etiquette, I'll gladly remind you: If you can't say something nice (supportive) don't say anything! NJW

As usual

As usual, everyone wants to look at this from a very limited scope. One needs to look at the business that Netjets is in and skip all the other comparisons. Want to fly for a regional or major, head that direction but do not compare this with those companies.

Netjets main competition is corporate ownership. Many owners have found out that the value of their share has not worked out like the company said. This is a fact that will only get worse as all those new aircraft become used for sale aircraft further diluting the market.

Crew cost is a part of it, and, you should remember that many corporations that fit the Netjets profile flew or had aircraft with one crew on constant call who also did everything else around the place. I have a client with a Sabreliner and a Challenger and one pilot. How much work do you think he does.

Keep up the good fight!

I only know a few people at NJA, and they don't gripe and moan much. But one thing I do know is they are worth more than they are paid. This is true of the vast majority of pilots out there. It is true you get what you negotiate and the teamsters is not the only union that has brought a disapointing TA to it's pilots. I hope for pilots everywhere the NJA pilots can hold strong and gain every red cent that it is possible to gain.

For those on these boards who are arguing that pilots can't be paid a decent wage for the jobs they do, think about this. My life long best friend is a non-union crane mechanic at the marine terminals in Norfolk, Va. He has been employed there for 5 years, routinely works 5 hours overtime a week (5 nine hour days/wk) and last year earned over $70,000. No college, no flight certificates, no education or flight school loan payments, no previous military service which could have led to his life being in imminent danger, no pc every 6 months, no medical certificate to loose, home every weekend and each night with his family, and most of all he is not responsible for the safety of his customers when the situation at his job is falling apart, going wrong and they (his customers) are in very real danger of loosing their lives.

With that said it may be true that pilots can't be paid what they are worth, but they sure should be paid what they have earned. And every one of us has earned the right to a decent rewarding career that will allow us to provide for our families better than a non-union crane mechanic.

As a pilot who has been through contract negotiations before, my hat goes off to the NJA pilots for staying strong and fighting the fight for the piloting profession!!!!

Zamboni Driver

Better yet -- the 2 Zamboni dirvers at Madison Square Garden (represented by the same union as the NJA pilots, but different local), make over $100,000 per year each. The New York Rangers play 44 games at home (41 regular season, 3 preseason). Overtime for the playoffs, and no practices at the Garden. They do have to clean the ice for a few Icecapades or Disney on Ice events. No other duties when not cleaning the ice. Note: Not all Zamboni drivers make this much.

9 pages

Nine pages on this thread and we've wandered all over creation. Should a new thread be started?

Hey publisher's go troll someplace else. Your not a profressional pilot and you have no idea what your talking about.

Go back to the kiddy table.

Latest resources

Back