REAL Delta hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IbeFlyenhye

Hi everybody. This is Steve Dickson with the weekly Flight Operations update on Friday, July 12. In this week?s message, I have some pretty exciting news to share with you about pilot hiring here at Delta. I?ll also go over our July Fourth holiday performance numbers.

This week, we received the go-ahead to begin pilot hiring. We?ve been studying pilot staffing closely over the last several months and, after reviewing the spring/summer 2014 schedule as well as projected block hours and age 65 retirements, we?ve decided to start bringing on additional pilots to support the operation sooner rather than later. Based on the current fleet plan and block hours, we?re estimating that we?ll need approximately 300 additional pilots to staff the operation through the end of 2014. To get this process started, we?ll be reaching out to the approximately 200 pilots who are currently on furlough bypass. Our first indoc class of 50 pilots will take place in early November ? just a few months away -- with subsequent classes following closely behind. We believe this first class of pilots will come from the pool of furlough bypass pilots, and training will begin soon after they complete their indoctrination class. After that, we are planning on adding 50 pilots per month through early 2014, and then we?ll add about 20 per month through September 2014. These numbers may be adjusted, and likely will be adjusted, as we reassess our staffing needs over the next 10 to 12 months. The ability to fill positions will also be impacted by our training pipeline ? particularly for 717 First Officer positions.

As you know, we have flow-up provisions in place with Compass and Mesaba Airlines, and an agreement with pilots at Endeavour Air-- that?s Pinnacle?s new name -- which guarantees an interview. We?ll also be hiring pilots ?off the street,? and should have more definitive numbers on how many that we?ll need within the coming weeks. Our Pilot Selection Team is in place, and I?ve given them the green light to start preparing to screen and interview pilots. As in the past, we?ll be using the Airlineapps.com site to screen all applicants. So, if you know of someone who would like to apply for a pilot position as a Delta pilot, please tell them to make sure their application is updated on Airlineapps.com.

I know the announcement of pilot hiring at Delta will be big news within our ranks, our company and in the airline industry. We should have much more detailed information coming out to you shortly. But for today, I just wanted to give you a heads up that the next round of pilot hiring will begin soon, and I look forward to welcoming back our furlough bypass pilots who do return and bringing on the next generation of pilots at Delta Air Lines.

there are over 200 that bypassed recall....those go first....then flow and friends and family program... 2015 at best for street Hires.

Latest resources

Back