• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RE; Whatever Happened to My "FBI Profile of B19" Post? Revisted AGAIN

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No. YOU are wrong and deeply misinformed.

I'll explain it to you 19. And I don't work for a union fractional. At least, not yet. The NBAA staffing formula is for PART 91. Netjets (and all other fractionals) require more pilots per airplane BECAUSE OF THE REGULATIONS. Part 91K and Part 135 require "look-back" flight and duty rest. Part 91 (my former life) does not. Hence, the staffing model is lower for a traditional corporate operation. It has NOTHING to do with a collective bargaining agreement.

No. YOU are wrong and deeply misinformed.

The traditional NBAA staffing model is 4.2 pilots per airplane.

The current 91K rules are based on the Part 119, non-scheduled, on demand Part 135 certificate and was based on REST rules, not those conservative rules in your CBA that add an additional 1.8 pilots per airplane.

This staffing model that pre-dates Part 91K "fractional" certificates before we got together and regulated the cowboy arrogance of the Part 91 operators which had no rules.

If YOU were there when we put these rules together for your safety, you would understand the reasoning behind it. As you weren't, and it's clear since you haven't a clue as a cockpit lawyer, you should leave the hardstuff such as this to those of us that are dedicated to keeping you safe.

Just fly your airplane and let those of us that have the courage to manage do our jobs. Without us, you wouldn't have any rest rules at all and your whining would be twice as bad as it is today.

If B19 is truly who he says he is, he would have known this. This is yet more confirmation that he is just a mindless anti union clown that is bitter against professional pilots because he couldn't hack it himself.

Waka, I am who I say I am, and I do know this.

The NBAA staffing model was always based on the regs and is based on the long standing Part 135 on-demand operations model as the fractional model most closely resembles it. The information is on the website and if you are a member with a password you can view it. The formula is based on 4.2 and is corrected by various factors. I can tell you that NOTHING you will come up with using that formula will ever approach 6 pilots per airplane unless a union collective bargaining agreement is involved that forces overhiring of pilots.

You on the other hand can't believe that NJ union screwed up as bad as they did and I predicted this over a year ago. This is just the beginning, and it's horrible that pilots are being forced to make these career decisions. It is immoral with the NJ union has done, and while you and the others "applaud" the actions of the union, all I see is buckets of money being dumped needlessly because of a CBA that was way too expensive for the company.

Here's where the BSometer spikes. Never once have you said that management compensation has caused a company to lose money and down size. Oh the pain caused to the pilots from excessive management compensation! Only the unions greed causes pain, never poor management! Pilots, like management, are maximizers. Have you ever decried the management maxim "you don't get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate"? Answer me that one, or STFU.

b19, dont get so upset and unravel on us.....it's for "entertainment only".

Just go back to your job and stay off the PC...lol

The traditional NBAA staffing model is 4.2 pilots per airplane.

And those number would be based on "traditional" flights/flight hours per airframe per year, right? Since the fractionals all fly more than "traditional" NBAA operators, wouldn't it stand to reason that more pilots would be needed, with or without a Union?

Where did that number come from? Was it based upon a calculation of pilot quality of life? Why aren't we questioning the very premise of who determined that number and what their goals were? They were probably looking to comply with the legal requirements. If those legal requirements don't take into account some form of work/life balance, should we give them any validity at all? The NBAA is a trade group (a union if you will) that represents managements of business aircraft operators. Adam Smith said, in the Invisible Hand, that such trade groups exist solely to collude. True capitalists will be very skeptical of anything they do. W should all think about this before we say: "Oh gosh, the NBAA. Well then, it must be true."

Just fly your airplane and let those of us that have the courage to manage do our jobs. Without us, you wouldn't have any rest rules at all and your whining would be twice as bad as it is today.

Now THAT is funny!:laugh:

You are a failure as a pilot. You are spineless and a butt kisser. That is not courageous. You incessantly talking about this "courage to be in management" crap indicates that you're insecure with your cowardice. However, if it makes you feel better and raises your self-esteem, please continue.

Last edited:
Waka, I am who I say I am, and I do know this.

The NBAA staffing model was always based on the regs and is based on the long standing Part 135 on-demand operations model as the fractional model most closely resembles it. The information is on the website and if you are a member with a password you can view it. The formula is based on 4.2 and is corrected by various factors. I can tell you that NOTHING you will come up with using that formula will ever approach 6 pilots per airplane unless a union collective bargaining agreement is involved that forces overhiring of pilots.

This in no way changes the fact that you're just a mindless anti union clown that is bitter against professional pilots because you couldn't hack it himself.

You on the other hand can't believe that NJ union screwed up as bad as they did and I predicted this over a year ago. This is just the beginning, and it's horrible that pilots are being forced to make these career decisions. It is immoral with the NJ union has done, and while you and the others "applaud" the actions of the union, all I see is buckets of money being dumped needlessly because of a CBA that was way too expensive for the company.

More classic B19 drivel!

I wonder what excuse B19 makes for the coporate flight departments that have ceased operations in the last year - after all, those departments are decidedly non-union, so what gives?

Latest resources

Back