• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RE; Whatever Happened to My "FBI Profile of B19" Post? Revisted AGAIN

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm sorry. Did someone say something? All I got was "message hidden" notices. But I would be willing to bet he avoided the facts. Again.

NOTICE:

As is often the case, B19 has his/her facts wrong about NJ and the disposition of Union representatives, specifically NJW's husband. As has been the case when talking about the inner workings of NJ and NJASAP, B19 is not even close.

Fraternally,
Brian Ward
NJASAP Steward
Worry not my friend. I don't think there is a single pilot in NJASAP that actually believes the total untruths and lies B19 posts.

Personally, I'd like to see B19 say that directly to NJW's husband. Something tells me the cowardice would take over and B19 would start apologizing right away for the dishonor he claimed.

......With all of that first hand aviation experience you (don't) have, why don't you try it? See how easy it is to work for a living. You think that the Netjets pilots aren't stressed over voluntarily giving up their jobs? Golden parachutes or not, NJ pilots deserved better.

B-19,
NJW knows far more about the fractional business than you think she does. She knows far more about NJASAP and their CBA than you do. Only the more junior NJ pilots are probably stressed about the chance they will get a furlough and what choice they should make. The senior pilots are happy to have all the choices they were presented with. The operative word is choice. In a different Unionized pilot force their option is just furlough with recall rights. In a non-union Company their choice is none - layoff, possibly/probably out of seniority with no benefits and no guarantee of recall. Ask FLOPS, CS, or Flex pilots. Ask many of our brethren in the 121 world.

Your statement the "NJ pilots deserved better" is laughable because you know the offer that NJASAP crafted with NJ has never been done before in the industry. With uninformed comments like that, you destroy the very little credibility you still retained by just happen to be working in the industry. Everyone on this board knows that you do not do your research so in fact you know very little about NJ and NJASAP.

I'm not Bob, I don't work for Flight Options.

I figured your weren't Bob at FLOPS - I do my research. He has too much going on to spend time here. Having watched you peddle the anti-Union rhetoric for some time it would seem you might be a good fit in sales. While we are on the topic, you were challenged by Brian Ward to identify yourself like he did. Are you conveniently skipping over that or are you afraid?

As to your comments about NJW's husband, they could not be farther from the truth.

Thanks for the support, Caveo! I agree that B19 sounds like a salesman... a used car salesman desperately pushing a lemon.

i know he aint bob....bob didnt get fired from NJA and cry about it on this message board. I dont think bob got a rejection letter either.

hmmmm

You have the opinion NJW that a union does a company good. I have personally witnessed extreme distress by union members that thought their union would help them and didn't. You are entitled to your opinion as an industry bystander that has never worked in the industry.

You are posting spin. The truth is, you and I have both personally witnessed extreme distress by union members whose union was working double tides to try and stop a management team bent on destroying the company. Delta is a classic example. They have lost money on purpose to destroy Comair, simply because they don't like the union. That is management, and management alone who is responsible for the pain and suffering if non union as well as union labor. That is not my opinion, but a fact that I observed first hand as an industry insider. Those management a-holes did that to me personally.

I've worked in the industry, and have a differing opinion.

Let's take the concept of a volunteer as an example.

Your husband was hired by NJ to fly airplanes. True?

Which he would still be doing if management had not created an untenable situation.

His union responsibilities have pulled him off the line so he gets a stipend by the union to cover the lost wages for his time spent not flying. True?

This means that NJ is paying for his retirement, his health benefits and all the added tidbits without flying the line like he was hired to do. True?

As he is getting paid by the union for doing union work and not flying a full schedule like the rest of the pilots hired by NJ, he is a paid employee of the union and not NJ flying airplanes like he was hired to do.

This clearly means that your husband has personal gain by working for the union. This is factual.

His personal gain results in the maximization of benefit for the pilot group. I realise that he can't save every pilot job when the economy is in a down cycle. But without him, even more pilots would suffer. Does not management have a personal gain by working for management? Your argument that some one's personal gain is necessarily bad for some one else is anticapitalist in the extreme.

You think that he's doing good by working for the union. I think that by not flying the line like he was hired to do, he's insulting RTS and Warren Buffet by not creating revenue as he was hired to do.

I don't care if they atre insulted.

We have differing opinions, but no matter what you state and how you twist it.. you cannot under any circumstances tell me or anybody else on this board that your husband was hired by Netjets to volunteer to work for the union.

Agreed, he was forced into it by bad management.

He was hired to fly airplanes. Pure and simple.

And he would have done that, sans bad management, pure and simple.

You can't handle the truth that this is simply stating facts.

One last thought... you would do anything to muzzle me and all other board members that dislike unions because I tell the ugly truth about unions what unions really are. You didn't think that NJ could ever do what is happening now and I've been saying it could happen for years.

Absolutely no one has said there are no circumstances where furloughs could occur. You are employing spin to try and make yourself appear much more sage than you are. I don't want to muzzle you at all. I want the standards of the board applied evenly. You have attacked many people personally on this board. If the mods are going to take down threads and ban members, then those standards should be applied to you as well.

Q:What do you call a guy who is floating in your toilet?
A: Bob
That explains why we call you Bob, even though you don't fly for Options and that is not your name.

Doh...you're a bad influence....;) You make me laugh at things I shouldn't...:D I didn't realize the name was an inside joke. Speaking of.... When you get tired of sweeping up bird sh*t, stop feeding the pigeons... Like others, I have B.. as in buzzard..19, on my ignore list. Hey, 19 buzzards would sure make a sh*tty mess, huh? Doh, did I mention that your joke has distracted me? :)

Now here are my serious thoughts on your post: First, I am sorry you had a bad experience w/Delta-Comair. Sorry, but not surprised.

In this economy, no one can save all the pilots' jobs...single-handedly; but if all the employees and their families pull together then I do think it will be possible to make a huge difference. My family is doing our part, and my husband made some very good suggestions for the furlough mitigation package at the upper leadership meetings. NJA leaders respect him and appreciate his work on joint projects because he has earned his reputation as a problem-solver.

In fact, the NJASAP partnership doubles the savings. Those Association folks who are off the line working on Joint and/or Union projects get paid by NJASAP---not just salary, but that day's share of benefits, as well. It's a save-save for the Company and money well spent by the pilot group. The newest joint committee, just getting started, will stream-line the reimbursement process. It sounds like another win-win project to me.

Who knows what improvements, cost-savings, etc. could also be found at the other fracs if their management would just partner with the pilotgroup and make use of the talent waiting there?

Latest resources

Back