• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ram Air Freight - Selling Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While at the airlines/Fractionals I saw a HUGE difference between us Freight Dogs and everyone
else. When you are stuck in the soup by yourself on a dark night shooting an approach to mins with no autopilot and only your skill you become a good pilot.

I saw a huge difference too. The guys who had done nothing but freight couldn't see what was wrong with decending at 6000'/min and not putting flaps /gear down until on very short final. Also didn't believe in shooting more than a 2 mile final because it was much cooler to turn final really close in.

And don't get me started on pax comfort..... I'll give in and say single pilot IFR is more challenging than a two crew environment though..

I flew with a guy from Airnet that had an accident in a Lear (close to total loss of the hull), and had also failed a PIC check on a Falcon 50 at another company. But somehow still wanted to brag about his ability to roll a Lear while at Airnet...I was less than impressed

I saw a huge difference too. The guys who had done nothing but freight couldn't see what was wrong with decending at 6000'/min and not putting flaps /gear down until on very short final. Also didn't believe in shooting more than a 2 mile final because it was much cooler to turn final really close in.

And don't get me started on pax comfort..... I'll give in and say single pilot IFR is more challenging than a two crew environment though..

I flew with a guy from Airnet that had an accident in a Lear (close to total loss of the hull), and had also failed a PIC check on a Falcon 50 at another company. But somehow still wanted to brag about his ability to roll a Lear while at Airnet...I was less than impressed

Dude you need to drink more kool aid! LOL! Airnet pilots are like Chuck Yeager and the Dali Lama all rolled into one.

From one former check hauler to another:

That's a pretty arrogant statement you made, so here goes.

Those of you check haulers that didn't get the opportunity to fly for hire in Alaska couldn't hold a candle.

I reckon I'm god's gift to aviation. You want to see pictures of my big watch?

That ad made me sad. I knew the 402s were gone, but the Barons too? I had many a joyous hour in 707RA, and a few scary ones in ole' MC. And the Burger King Seneca is for sale? Sigh...

You shouldn't really make judgments based on something you HEARD from someone a year ago.

That operation has FAA oversight just like other Part 135 operations. Flying freight is not everyones cup of tea. It's challenging and the aircraft are pretty beat up because they are work horses. The truth is that the MX is done where it counts because the goal is to make it to the destination on time.

You need to be a good pilot and understand the full meaning of PIC in order to fly freight safely. If you can't make and hold firm on a no go decision you shouldn't be there. My experience was that it was 98% really fun flying and 2% crap. I think that is an honest evaluation.

You must be some kind of a moron. Where doesnt it "count" when it comes to maintenance????? Where is maintenance not needed when it comes to flying a friggin airplane. I have worked as a maintenance guy on freighters and flown plenty of them also and I can tell ya theres nowhere that an aircraft doesnt need maintenance especially when they are ridden hard and put away wet.

Was any of this in the mountains in ice? Cry me a river!

My inflatable doll (COPILOT and AUTOPILOT) was an inspiration for future aviators!

Latest resources

Back