Ram Air Freight - Selling Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From one former check hauler to another:

That's a pretty arrogant statement you made, so here goes.

Those of you check haulers that didn't get the opportunity to fly for hire in Alaska couldn't hold a candle.

I dont' think my statement was arrogant at all...could you please let me know which part of it was? I was simply stating what a good experience it was and how I miss it sometimes.

Sounds to me like you have a little bit of an ego issue.

Flight Express was my stepping stone. Great experience that made me a better pilot. I learned how to pick my way through weather with no weather radar, and flew a C210 into ATL 2x a day. It was fun screaming down final at 160kts. Went straight from there to the a Lear 24. Doing approaches in the Lear seemed like it took all day because I was going a LOT slower!

Ignore G-Force guys. He has been fired from four separate 135 operations in the Midwest and in NC and his rep is such that no one at RDU, ILM, GSO, et al will touch him. One quick perusal of his posts will tell you everything you need to know. Couldn't hack it and always blamed everyone but himself.

Those of you check haulers that didn't get the opportunity to fly for hire in Alaska couldn't hold a candle.

Flew the Mighty 6 in Alaska, also flew for RAM in my short and insignificant aviation career.

Flying single pilot 135, negotiating you way through TS, and later try to shoot an ILS close to mins into AVL was a little more task saturated.

Fly safe!

Word to the Wise!!!

Ignore G-Force guys. He has been fired from four separate 135 operations in the Midwest and in NC and his rep is such that no one at RDU, ILM, GSO, et al will touch him. One quick perusal of his posts will tell you everything you need to know. Couldn't hack it and always blamed everyone but himself.

Hey dude,you don't know one thing about me,so a word to the wise,shut up!!!

I was a Ram pilot too and had a great time while there. I flew Cheetahs and Barons and it was pretty much as Bailey describes it. Great place to get experience fast and move on! I hope Ram can pull through this tough economic downturn.

Had a great time flying for Ram. As a standby pilot based at RDU, I can attest to the fact that they didn't force people to fly broken airplanes. It was probably 2-3 times a week I ended up flying out to one of the outstations to do a route because an airplane was broke. And as far as flying in crappy weather, I never felt pressured to fly into something I shouldn't have. There were a couple of times where they actually told me I should sit for a bit til weather improved for my route.

Oh boy, you want to start an irrelevant pissing contest? What is your problem? You must have a self-esteem issue and/or secretly doubt your own flying skills. No pilot that is confident about their competence would write a post as you have.

Latest resources

Back