• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RAH vs. UAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Go to UAL and get typed in a 737 or A320. If you get furloughed, who cares... Just go conract overseas for a while and make a pile of money until you get recalled. There is a lot going on now and in the future for those types. A furlough can be a temporary blessing to those willing to cross the pond for a while. GO TO UNITED!

I'm not willing to cross the pond for a while. I don't like this job enough to sacrifice my regular life for it. Money isn't everything.

You are in your twenties and in the top 15% earning 85K a year? Stay at RAH. Most people who get hired at Legacies or places like Southwest or Fedex are in their early 30s. Wait for the next upturn and enjoy your seniority at RAH. You have plenty of time. If you think you will be furloughed, then don't leave RAH.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You are in your twenties and in the top 15% earning 85K a year? Stay at RAH. Most people who get hired at Legacies or places like Southwest or Fedex are in their early 30s. Wait for the next upturn and enjoy your seniority at RAH. You have plenty of time. If you think you will be furloughed, then don't leave RAH.

Bye Bye--General Lee
OH NO!!!!!!!!! I actually agree with you....the end must be near..........run away!!!!!!!!!!

seriously though, what he said.

I wholeheartedly agree that there are better airlines out there than United. Does United even have a plan besides looking for a merger partner? Do you want to be on the bottom when UAL merges with someone else?

Get more E170 PIC time and wait for something better. Sure, it could be a while in these difficult times, but you are young. Go enjoy your schedule and your QOL now and save some cash.

I also agree that Netjets should be a prime consideration (avoid the messy airline world) - I'd look at it:

http://airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/fractional/netjets.html

Get more E170 PIC time and wait for something better. Sure, it could be a while in these difficult times, but you are young. Go enjoy your schedule and your QOL now and save some cash.

If he's in the top 15% at RAH I'm sure he has a few thousand hours of PIC time... any more and the next interview he goes to will ask him why he stayed there so long!

I say get out. Hopefully you've been using your time wisely and saving up for the first few years at UAL.

OH NO!!!!!!!!! I actually agree with you....the end must be near..........run away!!!!!!!!!!

seriously though, what he said.

Jeez, I also agree with GL. However if your about to get married and have a family you should make the jump to UAL. Could make life easier down the road.

Decision made for me. UAL class cancelled. Told I will remain in pool for 1 year.

Sorry to hear that. Good thing you didn't leave for UAL earlier without the ability to return to RAH if needed. Enjoy your seniority, apply to the other majors and relax............

Latest resources

Back